• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc10 Install Problem

JeremyB

Question

I have just purchased Easy Media Creator 10 and installed it on my PC. When I click on the desktop EMC10 icon a dialogue box appears relating to on-line registration. However, the dialogue box freezes and does not take me though to the registration site, so I cannot proceed to use the application. I have re-booted several times, but this doesn't help.

I have registered by going directly on-line to the Roxio website, but I still get the registration dialogue box appearing when I click on the EMC10 desktop icon. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the EMC10 application, but the problem persists. When installing EMC10 I made sure that all other applications were closed and my protection software was disabled. Any ideas. JeremyB

10 answers to this question

I have just purchased Easy Media Creator 10 and installed it on my PC. When I click on the desktop EMC10 icon a dialogue box appears relating to on-line registration. However, the dialogue box freezes and does not take me though to the registration site, so I cannot proceed to use the application. I have re-booted several times, but this doesn't help.

I have registered by going directly on-line to the Roxio website, but I still get the registration dialogue box appearing when I click on the EMC10 desktop icon. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the EMC10 application, but the problem persists. When installing EMC10 I made sure that all other applications were closed and my protection software was disabled. Any ideas. JeremyB

Try turning off any firewall, spyware, pop up blockers and virus programs at that point. It appears that something is stopping it from completion.

Try disconnecting the system from internet and see if you still experience lockup issues?

Thank you Firenhancer. That did the trick. It allowed me to bypass the on-line registration procedure. It seems entirely illogical to disconnect from the Internet when Roxio was trying to make a connection so that I could register. However, it worked.

Cheers, Jeremy

I had the same problem. I tried everything including removing EMC10 completely using the clean install procedure for Vista, which is what I am using. I downloaded the latest update, installed it and had the same problem. I found a post in one of the discussion threads which gave me a clue. The dialog box asking you to register the product is not frozen as it appears, you just can't see the fields you need to fill in to complete the registration, and there is no scroll bar or continue button in view. If you use the tab key on your keyboard to move down to the required fields you can do an on-line registration.

Roxio needs to fix this or at least give some warning. I wasted two days trying to solve this puzzle. It may have to do with the specific monitor in use.

I had the same problem. I tried everything including removing EMC10 completely using the clean install procedure for Vista, which is what I am using. I downloaded the latest update, installed it and had the same problem. I found a post in one of the discussion threads which gave me a clue. The dialog box asking you to register the product is not frozen as it appears, you just can't see the fields you need to fill in to complete the registration, and there is no scroll bar or continue button in view. If you use the tab key on your keyboard to move down to the required fields you can do an on-line registration.

Roxio needs to fix this or at least give some warning. I wasted two days trying to solve this puzzle. It may have to do with the specific monitor in use.

Thanks Ken. Just think of all the hours that have been wasted trying to sort out a problem that Roxio really should have been aware of. At the same time as I posted at this forum, I contacted the Roxio helpline. They came up with various suggestions - mainly to do with removing Roxio and Sonic software from the registry - but obviously they are totally unaware of the problem you have diagnosed. Do you think anyone from Roxio reads this forum? Jeremy

The problem with not seeing the complete screen online is, in 99% of all cases, due to the user having non-standard desktop settings and also using pop-up blockers.

There's no way any company can tell if a non-standard font size or resolution is going to be used or not so they can't 'warn' anyone not to change settings needlessly

The problem with not seeing the complete screen online is, in 99% of all cases, due to the user having non-standard desktop settings and also using pop-up blockers.

There's no way any company can tell if a non-standard font size or resolution is going to be used or not so they can't 'warn' anyone not to change settings needlessly

Yes, I do use a larger screen font. I am almost 70 years old and like most seniors find the tiny fonts hard to read. Vista supports variable size screen fonts -- I use 109 dpi, inbetween the 96 dpi standard and 120 dpi max size. That said, I should point out that I use a reasonably large monitor (1280x1024). The dialog box for registration is rather small and could easily be made large enough such that data entry fields are visible. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to fix a non-problem caused by inability to see something that should be visible.

I have worked in the computer industry all my adult life, starting in 1961 with mainframes manufactured by two major computer manufacturers that I worked for. I have owned personal computers since they became available in the mid 70's, so I am not a complete newbie. I have not experienced a problem of this nature with any other product.

Edited by Ken Vaughn