Can't Burn .iso File

johnc72

Question

I am having trouble burning an iso file from an mpeg or tivo file. I am using a workaround I was given on a previous case number: Start My DVD directly from programs, add movie files, select Tools/render using software, OK, burn...I get an error "Error 80045020 Error while encoding movie." I'm also having trouble burning existing .iso files to a disk. I select "Video Copy and Convert" but it won't let me "add" the .iso file. The .iso file is in my Video folder. However it doesn't show up in the "copy and convert" window with the other movie files in the folder. I can see the file in the left window as a sub-folder but when I try to select it all the buttons stay grey and won't let me add it to selections to burn.

I used to be able to work with .iso files using this method but it stopped working. This may be a co-incidence but I first noticed this when, for the first time, I tried to burn onto a disk an .iso file that was larger than 4.5 Gigabytes. I have hardware that is supposed to support double layer files, and I tried to burn a 7 gig .iso. I changed all the drop downs to "CD-RDL"etc. I couldn't get "Copy and Convert" to recognize or add the file. I tried to burn it going through the regular Creative 10 but got error messages.

Why did my software stop working with .iso files?

I have posted this to the "contact Roxio" site and have waited a week for an answer, no one is getting back.

6 answers to this question

I am having trouble burning an iso file from an mpeg or tivo file. I am using a workaround I was given on a previous case number: Start My DVD directly from programs, add movie files, select Tools/render using software, OK, burn...I get an error "Error 80045020 Error while encoding movie." I'm also having trouble burning existing .iso files to a disk. I select "Video Copy and Convert" but it won't let me "add" the .iso file. The .iso file is in my Video folder. However it doesn't show up in the "copy and convert" window with the other movie files in the folder. I can see the file in the left window as a sub-folder but when I try to select it all the buttons stay grey and won't let me add it to selections to burn.

I used to be able to work with .iso files using this method but it stopped working. This may be a co-incidence but I first noticed this when, for the first time, I tried to burn onto a disk an .iso file that was larger than 4.5 Gigabytes. I have hardware that is supposed to support double layer files, and I tried to burn a 7 gig .iso. I changed all the drop downs to "CD-RDL"etc. I couldn't get "Copy and Convert" to recognize or add the file. I tried to burn it going through the regular Creative 10 but got error messages.

Why did my software stop working with .iso files?

I have posted this to the "contact Roxio" site and have waited a week for an answer, no one is getting back.

If the updated drivers don't help, I think you should consider a clean install of EMC 10, particularly if you have .iso files you could burn in the past still on your pc but now you can't. If its just a couple of .iso files that won't burn, its possible there is a problem w/ those files. Perhaps you can get an .iso you know is good and try to burn? Consider cd's advice in post 3 of this link to avoid silver coasters. If you can't get a clean burn, try this link for a Vista clean install, or this link for an XP clean install.

What kind of video card do you have? The first step would be try updating the drivers from mfg site.

I updated the drivers so now I can burn an .iso file from tivo and movie files, but I still cannot bur an .iso file to disk. When I use "video copy and convert" and try to add the file in the "compilation" window, I can see te iso file and the file name in the right hand window but the "OK" button is grey so I can't add it and continue.Any other ideas?

If the updated drivers don't help, I think you should consider a clean install of EMC 10, particularly if you have .iso files you could burn in the past still on your pc but now you can't. If its just a couple of .iso files that won't burn, its possible there is a problem w/ those files. Perhaps you can get an .iso you know is good and try to burn? Consider cd's advice in post 3 of this link to avoid silver coasters. If you can't get a clean burn, try this link for a Vista clean install, or this link for an XP clean install.

Thanks for the advice, see my reply post about the drivers. It solved part of the problem but not all. Unfortunately, I don't have any old .iso files that previously worked (I deleted them once on disk) so I can't try that. Thanks for the clean install info, I may have to try that. I downloaded IMGBURN but I'm having troubl figuring out how to make that work, too.

Archived