Rendering: Hardware Or Software?

hfgerena@coqui.net

Question

:) Hello;

Can anybody explain to me what's the difference between Hardware or Software rendering, it's in MyDVD Tools>Options.

Guess what, theres is a help bottom in that screen, but when I press it nothing happen.

I did a search in the Help Center and I did not find anything.

I can see a funny screen when you press Graphics Test and when it finish "flashing" everything stays the same, nothing change. If it was on hardare it stays on hardware, if it was on software in stays on software.

Disruten de la vida :huh::D:D

Héctor

10 answers to this question

I've been following this and now I see in your latest post that you say you're having trouble when you ADD THE THIRD VIDEO.This is a problem that a lot of people have had and there are numerous posts about it.Do you have an ATI video card?If you do one possible solution is to update your video drivers to the latest version from ATI.Paul should be able to tell you about this as he's experienced this problem.

Also try looking at this:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3330

Hello;

Thanks for your reply.

I do have an ATI x300se 128.

I already did the update to my videocard (the latest from march 2006). And I also re-install the DirectX with the latest version from Microsoft (it was the same that I already have).

The funny thing is that before I install the latest driver I could not use either software or hardware rendering. But once I install the driver I could use the software rendering, but not the hardware rendering. When I re-install de DirecX I was not abble to use neither software or hardware rendering. So I decide to re-install the video driver and now I can use the software rendering but not the hardware.

So that is my situation, if I did the procedure establish by Roxio and it doesn't work, what I'm suppose to do? Reach them?, so far it's been imposible, they dont answer the calls, the chat is always down and Roxxane it's not the solution.

Saludos

Héctor

All I can say is that they are aware of the problem and I'm sure they will release a patch as soon as they can. For some odd reason, this does not affect nVidia video cards.

Gary, once again thanks for your help, I mean it.

I have been using the product for less than two weeks and I really like it, but you get frustated when things go wrong and you don't know where to go. I'm a big fan of MM2 and I have been abble to do some fancy things with it, but now I have a new toy and I'll keep playing with it.

Saludos

Héctor

La vida es hermosa :)

Your welcome. And you don't have to give up on MM2 completely. If there is a transition it has you like or text animation, just create that short piece or whatever in MM2. Then under FINISH MOVIE, use 'save to my computer'. Follow the prompts. When you get to Movie Settings, click on OTHER SETTINGS and choose DV AVI. You can then use that file in Videowave or MyDVD. I still use it on rare occassions.

Can anybody explain to me what's the difference between Hardware or Software rendering, it's in MyDVD Tools>Options.

Guess what, theres is a help bottom in that screen, but when I press it nothing happen.

I can see a funny screen when you press Graphics Test and when it finish "flashing" everything stays the same, nothing change. If it was on hardare it stays on hardware, if it was on software in stays on software.

Héctor

Your pop up blockers or internet security may be stopping you from reading the help but it says:

Render using: Choose whether to use hardware or software mode when generating the output file. In hardware mode, VideoWave uses the video card. This results in better performance and quality; however, this mode may not be supported by all video cards, and requires more video memory. Software mode is slower, and may support fewer effects and transitions. To determine whether your video card supports hardware mode, click Graphics Test.

Héctor

Hello, thanks.

But can you help me out a little bit more.

What I'm suppose to se or expect when I do the Test. I just see a flashing balck screen and some numbers displayed in red. The result it's the same if I do the Test in Hardware or Software.

And the other thing related to the Help, I have Norton Internet Security 5.0 installed, I follow your recomendation and turoff the popblocker, but I still cannot see the Help screen.

I'll appreciate your help, and as I say before thanks again.

Héctor.

Disfruten la vida :D

Hello, thanks.

But can you help me out a little bit more.

What I'm suppose to se or expect when I do the Test. I just see a flashing balck screen and some numbers displayed in red. The result it's the same if I do the Test in Hardware or Software.

And the other thing related to the Help, I have Norton Internet Security 5.0 installed, I follow your recomendation and turoff the popblocker, but I still cannot see the Help screen.

I'll appreciate your help, and as I say before thanks again.

Héctor.

Disfruten la vida :)

I believe if you set to hardware and take the test, that if you're video does not support hardware mode, it should set it to software or vice versa but, I honestly am not sure. My systems have good video cards and are set to hardware automatically so I don't know what actually happens when you don't have a good card.

Yes, it will reset to software. At least, it does on my laptop.

Hello;

Well ggrusel, please help out here.

This means that if my rendering is set on hardware and I run the test and it's stays on hardware, doesn't change to software. Then can I assume that I'm not suppose to have any problems with my videocard? This is what happening in my system I do the test set on hardware and stays on hardware, so the question is why I have to reboot when I add the third video and my settings are in already on hardware? Everything works fine when I'm on software.

Saludos

Héctor

I've been following this and now I see in your latest post that you say you're having trouble when you ADD THE THIRD VIDEO.This is a problem that a lot of people have had and there are numerous posts about it.Do you have an ATI video card?If you do one possible solution is to update your video drivers to the latest version from ATI.Paul should be able to tell you about this as he's experienced this problem.

Also try looking at this:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3330

Archived