• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80040227 Error While Encoding

chuck-jcs@james-and-elena-inc.com

Question

8 answers to this question

1) That update looks a little iffy at best.

EMC8 will see the drive but it has no information on the drive. I can't select the write speeds or anything. Why is there no update for EMC8? Is Roxio going to abandon it? I have the original update CD and there are no auto updates for it and it's been out for some time and there are many issues. 2) Why have they not even had a DVD/CD drive update? They used to do that all the time. There are new drives every few weeks and the Sony 820a is a few months old now and not supported. ???

Why is there no info for an Error code that there own product spits out?

I know they need some time after the merger but that is why I didn't get 7.5 I waited to get 8 and now no support.

I've had a web ticket in for some time, do they respond to them?

1) That is not an update for EMC 8, is a utility that corrects an entry in the registry that can cause the symptoms you say you are having with your drive.

2) They do not issue 'drive updates' because they do not use a 'list' of supported drives any longer (this change started in v6, and continued thru v7, 7.5 & now 8). They use a Dynamic Drive Detection process now (as do many other competitors) that queries the drive's firmware. So the firmware in your drive(s) now control what the software can and can't do (burn speed, disc type, etc). So making sure the firmware is current, as suggested earlier, is how you keep your drive up to date with the software.

I get this error:

80040207 Error while  Encoding Movie

Is this the same one? Can't find a fix and can't find a Tech support email address.

No, it's not but please post your computer specs so I might be able to help.

What type of file are you using? Post the steps you took to the point of the error.

MyDVD gives me 80040227 Error while Encoding. Does any one know how I can fix this?

Thanks Chuck

Could you go into a little more detail on what you are doing when you get this error....printing direct to disc, ISO???? Also, please list your computer specs.

No, it's not but please post your computer specs so I might be able to help.

What type of file are you using? Post the steps you took to the point of the error.

It's a DV .AVI file made with Adobe Premiere. I just make a new DVD project and select the file. It looks fine in the preview. I get the error at the very beginning of the burn process. It happens if I burn to .iso or DVD. I have two PCs that I have tried it on. Both have new XP Pro installs. The one that will not work is a P4 3.2GHz with a MSI motherboard 875P chipset and an Nvidia 6800 video card. The one that works is an AMD FX60 with an Asus motherboard ATI3200 chipset and an ATI X1900xtx video card.

I have done my best to install all the latest drivers for everything.

On a side note:

Is there an update for EMC8 or not. The only one I can find won’t install and it says that it’s only for the retail CD-ROM. Mine is an update CD from Roxio and is 8.01 or something like that. Why don’t we get the 8.05 update? This version I have won’t even recognize my several month old Sony 820a DVD burner.

It's a DV .AVI file made with Adobe Premiere. I just make a new DVD project and select the file. It looks fine in the preview. I get the error at the very beginning of the burn process. It happens if I burn to .iso or DVD. I have two PCs that I have tried it on. Both have new XP Pro installs. The one that will not work is a P4 3.2GHz with a MSI motherboard 875P chipset and an Nvidia 6800 video card. The one that works is an AMD FX60 with an Asus motherboard ATI3200 chipset and an ATI X1900xtx video card.

I have done my best to install all the latest drivers for everything.

On a side note:

Is there an update for EMC8 or not. The only one I can find won’t install and it says that it’s only for the retail CD-ROM. Mine is an update CD from Roxio and is 8.01 or something like that. Why don’t we get the 8.05 update? This version I have won’t even recognize my several month old Sony 820a DVD burner.

Give this a shot for the drive not being recognized.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4194

Give this a shot for the drive not being recognized.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4194

That update looks a little iffy at best.

EMC8 will see the drive but it has no information on the drive. I can’t select the write speeds or anything. Why is there no update for EMC8? Is Roxio going to abandon it? I have the original update CD and there are no auto updates for it and it's been out for some time and there are many issues. Why have they not even had a DVD/CD drive update? They used to do that all the time. There are new drives every few weeks and the Sony 820a is a few months old now and not supported. ???

I know they need some time after the merger but that is why I didn't get 7.5 I waited to get 8 and now no support.

That update looks a little iffy at best.

EMC8 will see the drive but it has no information on the drive. I can’t select the write speeds or anything. Why is there no update for EMC8? Is Roxio going to abandon it? I have the original update CD and there are no auto updates for it and it's been out for some time and there are many issues. Why have they not even had a DVD/CD drive update? They used to do that all the time. There are new drives every few weeks and the Sony 820a is a few months old now and not supported. ???

All of your questions here need to be directed to Roxio.

One thing, update the firmware for your burner(s).

Archived