• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 10 Install Fails After Hit Any Key To Disk 2

Harry Coburn

Question

I have executed clean install. All virus software firewall off. The installation goes well during disk one. Thew cmd window is open and I see the message insert disk 2 and hit any key. When I hit any key the cmd window closes and the install process never comes back to ask for disk 3.

Could my disk 2 be bad?

How do I get a replacement?

When I download the "update" to EMC 10 latest version. The download goes well and the install goes well.... except the file names and prompt messages are in german. Also when it asks for my product key it fails. I think because it is expecting the input to be in german not english.

HELP.

2 answers to this question

I have executed clean install. All virus software firewall off. The installation goes well during disk one. Thew cmd window is open and I see the message insert disk 2 and hit any key. When I hit any key the cmd window closes and the install process never comes back to ask for disk 3.

Could my disk 2 be bad?

How do I get a replacement?

When I download the "update" to EMC 10 latest version. The download goes well and the install goes well.... except the file names and prompt messages are in german. Also when it asks for my product key it fails. I think because it is expecting the input to be in german not english.

HELP.

You can open up a support ticket if you bought it through Roxio & are still have problems and request a replacement. They should send you a replacement disc if you bought it recently.

If you bought through Roxio,you have a 30 day $$$ back guarantee.

Sounds like you have a CD version of the set. How about copying the contents of the Installation CDs to say Desktop and then try installing from there. Also when downloading did you download filenames, RoxioEasyMediaCreator10.1_FA80AA50R13.exe and RoxioEMC10ContentCD_3833BA50SQA.exe? The other files are for German version of the product, WinOnCD.

Archived