• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't See Files On Cd

sm464

I originally had Easy CD Creator 5.01 Basic on Windows ME. I upgraded to 5.3.5.1, upgraded to XP and eventually SP2 and everything seemed to work fine. Following a hard drive failure, I did a clean install of XP and then SP2. Then I reinstalled Easy CD Creator 5.01 Basic and 5.3.5.1. Now some (not all) of the CDs previously burned do not show any files. It appears that this disks affected are CD-Rs using Direct CD but I have concerns that a couple of CD-RWs are not actually blank. Any suggestions on how to correct this? I would at the very least like to get the files from the CDs.

Hi,

This is one of the reasons why very few people will recommend using 'packet-writing' with programs such as Direct CD, Drag-to-Disc, DLA, or InCD. Every now and then something like this will come along to bite you. :(

We've been recommending programs such as CD Roller or Isobuster to try and recover files from packet-written discs. These are excellent recovery programs, but as with anything, YMMV.

As to your RW discs, please be aware that RW discs lose data relatively quickly, and while they don't "just fade out" it doesn't take much degradation before you get unrecoverable errors.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived