Menu Plays; Movie Does Not

andrewwalton

Question

I have burned a DVD using a videowave 16:9 production. I also created a videowave 16:9 production as the DVD's menu. The video plays fine on 1 DVD - late model Sony; but does not pay on a 10 year old Panasonic. When I attempt to play the DVD on the older player, the menu plays fine. When the movie starts, the video is static and the audio is not good (but detectable).

What would cause the DVD to play on one player, but not the older? Are there any MyDVD or Videowave settings that will overcome the problem? I am using EMC9.

1 answer to this question

I have burned a DVD using a videowave 16:9 production. I also created a videowave 16:9 production as the DVD's menu. The video plays fine on 1 DVD - late model Sony; but does not pay on a 10 year old Panasonic. When I attempt to play the DVD on the older player, the menu plays fine. When the movie starts, the video is static and the audio is not good (but detectable).

What would cause the DVD to play on one player, but not the older? Are there any MyDVD or Videowave settings that will overcome the problem? I am using EMC9.

My guess is that the 10 year old dinosaur may not like the media being used. I'd get a new DVD player, and put the Panasonic in a museum.

Archived