• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning With (red Box) Easy Cd & Dvd Burning

Quiltstar

Question

<_< Well after reading some of these posts it looks like I steered my dad the wrong way although he just wanted a cheap way to burn his sermons to cd's. But here's the problem, when we put a cd in, it spits it back out and says to put a blank or rewritable one in, which they are. So can anyone suggest how we can fix this? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

It's windows vista, I did install the patch but that didn't seem to make any difference. I'm not there at the moment so can't remember what recorder drive model is, but I was working on it today. It will burn. I went in and changed the writer drive speed and it worked. But he called me a bit ago and it won't burn again. So I don't know what else to try.

Hello,

To give us something to work on, can you please tell us (1) what operating system you're using?

(2) What the recorder drive model is? Open Windows' Device Manager, click on the plus (+) symbol alongside the CD/DVD icon which will expand and show you the identifier of the drive, and tell us what the drive ID is.

If you're running in XP or better, have you used the built-in writing system to check that the burner is able to burn?

Regards,

Brendon

I did install the patch but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Which patch is that?

As for not recognizing blank discs, I have seen that one fixed by updating drive firmware. Since the RedBox software is only a [pale] subset of EMC 9, it might pay to have a look around the EMC 9 forums for the same problem.

Keep checking back here occasionally though, in case someone comes up with something.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

To give us something to work on, can you please tell us (1) what operating system you're using?

(2) What the recorder drive model is? Open Windows' Device Manager, click on the plus (+) symbol alongside the CD/DVD icon which will expand and show you the identifier of the drive, and tell us what the drive ID is.

If you're running in XP or better, have you used the built-in writing system to check that the burner is able to burn?

Regards,

Brendon

Archived