• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Wants More Money!

Corkie

Question

Hi again, I have had PhotoShow program since 2005. I paid 40.00 for it originally, then I bought the upgrades for $20.00 and then again I was forced to upgrade for another 30.00 dollars. I am Canadian and then our dollar was zilch, so it cost more. I just got the new notice from Roxio that we have to pay 40.00 per year for their new web site which I read on the forum and from myself does not work! I thought when I bought PhotoShow years ago that was all I had to pay. There was no mention of further changes and or charges to the product. Now they give us NO Tech Service, I am still waiting for my Ticket of August 5th asking five questions (I am sure they are waiting for their new service contract to run out and not answer at all!). I think they are greedy and unethical to their customers. They keep changing the rules of their product that we bought in good faith. What if I bought a pair of shoes that the store kept changing the price on after I have worn them for years? I think I will be changing to a product that I can manage myself. I understand that Photoshow Elements 6 by Windows is only $89.00, you cannot email but you have all the other features and you can look after it yourself. I have several friends who bought PhotoShow program becasue of me. I even did a demonstration on PhotoShow to our computer club were several people bought the program as well. I will not be recommending this product in the future. I am sure I have got them about 10 new customers. Disappointed, corkie

4 answers to this question

Corkie,

This is a forum for help with the website. There are several questions about usability. PhotoShow.com is up and running. Many users create and share Shows on it on a daily basis.

I understand you have several questions for support. If you have more to add to a ticket you can update it by adding another response.

PhotoShow has undergone several changes through its life. Each iteration of the program has improved upon one or more aspects of its main benefit; sharing PhotoShows. Roxio online with PhotoShow is the latest development.

The subscription service is designed to deliver Shows to friends and family. The yearly subscription fee is for these online services as well as the new desktop application.

If you own an earlier copy of PhotoShow, you can continue to use the program offline. You can still organize and edit photos as well as burn discs. However, continued online service will require a subscription.

Hi again, I have had PhotoShow program since 2005. I paid 40.00 for it originally, then I bought the upgrades for $20.00 and then again I was forced to upgrade for another 30.00 dollars. I am Canadian and then our dollar was zilch, so it cost more. I just got the new notice from Roxio that we have to pay 40.00 per year for their new web site which I read on the forum and from myself does not work! I thought when I bought PhotoShow years ago that was all I had to pay. There was no mention of further changes and or charges to the product. Now they give us NO Tech Service, I am still waiting for my Ticket of August 5th asking five questions (I am sure they are waiting for their new service contract to run out and not answer at all!). I think they are greedy and unethical to their customers. They keep changing the rules of their product that we bought in good faith. What if I bought a pair of shoes that the store kept changing the price on after I have worn them for years? I think I will be changing to a product that I can manage myself. I understand that Photoshow Elements 6 by Windows is only $89.00, you cannot email but you have all the other features and you can look after it yourself. I have several friends who bought PhotoShow program becasue of me. I even did a demonstration on PhotoShow to our computer club were several people bought the program as well. I will not be recommending this product in the future. I am sure I have got them about 10 new customers. Disappointed, corkie

Hi Corkie. I share your disappointment and concerns completely. I purchased Photoshow in version three, and loved it from the beginning. I then purchased version 4, all the add on packs, and ordered seven of my shows on dvd from their web store. I purchased version 5 then purchased a new (VISTA OS) computer. I was able to reload version 5 and all the add ons to my new computer. Everything worked and I loved the program and recommended it to everyone. I shared many shows on the web. However, shortly after purchasing my new computer, Photoshow changed from Simple Star to Roxio. Previously, if I ever had an issue with the program, I received a speedy and helpful, personal reply. Roxio is completely, different. I paid the $40 to upgrade, but haven't seen anything different since their initial changes. I was never able to register my old version with Roxio. I purchased Easy Media Creator, and dazzle video capture device, and was able to register those products, to use my registration to access their technical support. Unfortunately, their technical support does not give the answers I am looking for, which apply to the new Roxio version. Their answers seem to be straight out of the old Simple Star manual for the program. I am trying to learn to live with the changes, and hope for improvements.

Corkie,

This is a forum for help with the website. There are several questions about usability. PhotoShow.com is up and running. Many users create and share Shows on it on a daily basis.

I understand you have several questions for support. If you have more to add to a ticket you can update it by adding another response.

PhotoShow has undergone several changes through its life. Each iteration of the program has improved upon one or more aspects of its main benefit; sharing PhotoShows. Roxio online with PhotoShow is the latest development.

The subscription service is designed to deliver Shows to friends and family. The yearly subscription fee is for these online services as well as the new desktop application.

If you own an earlier copy of PhotoShow, you can continue to use the program offline. You can still organize and edit photos as well as burn discs. However, continued online service will require a subscription.

Hi David from Roxio,

Unfortunately you did not reply to my post. I am very upset because I keep on getting notifications from Roxio that they will disable my sites in 48 hours!!!!! I paid my $40 annual premium as soon as I got the notice on my one email account. But Photoshop allowed me to create three different download sites from my one account. Each uses a different email address. WILL THOSE ALBUMS be eliminated because you do not recognize that they are not linked to my account???

I put in a request for information on Roxio support more than two weeks ago. I received no answer and I keep getting these scary email. PLEASE can you help??? I just don't know where to turn anymore. I am sure other people are having the same problem.

Archived