• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Certificate File Is Missing Or Has Been Corrupted

williamholla20

Question

9 answers to this question

<!--quoteo(post=219258:date=Aug 16 2008, 01:07 PM:name=williamholla20)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (williamholla20 @ Aug 16 2008, 01:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=219258"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"the certificate file is missing or has been corrupted"

I get this error message any time i try to open my media manager. Can someone help me with this issue?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Use standard fonts unless you have a visual handicap.

<a href="http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR" target="_blank">Clean install</a>. Don't skip any steps.

I am getting the same message when I updated to 9.1; now Roxio Home won't launch at all.

I loaded (store bought disk) EMC 9 on my laptop with XP, upgraded to Vista Ultimate, ran fine for 2 years, then upgraded HDD.

Did clean install of Vista on new drive, loaded Roxio and have had issues, I went to:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc9/software_updates.html

I followed directions, saved file to desktop, selected full install, now this error.

Can I do a clean install of 9.1 from the file on the desktop?

If so, do I need to use the Product Key from the box?

Thank you,

Rich

Basically 'yes' to both (but I'd recommend opening the download file with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to a folder and run setup.exe from there)

However - keep the following in mind if you choose to install 9.1 instead of 9.0

This Easy Media Creator 9.1 update does not offer any new features except for Windows Vista Certification. While the update will work with Windows XP and Windows 2000, it is not a mandatory update. All programs except CinePlayer are supported on Windows 2000.

# Backup MyPC is not included in the Creator 9.1 update.

# XingTone is not included in Creator 9.1.

# DVDInfoPro, InstallShield Update Manager and SightSpeed are not installed by default. If you want these programs in your suite, you should use the “complete” or “custom” install options.

Basically 'yes' to both (but I'd recommend opening the download file with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to a folder and run setup.exe from there)

However - keep the following in mind if you choose to install 9.1 instead of 9.0

This Easy Media Creator 9.1 update does not offer any new features except for Windows Vista Certification. While the update will work with Windows XP and Windows 2000, it is not a mandatory update. All programs except CinePlayer are supported on Windows 2000.

# Backup MyPC is not included in the Creator 9.1 update.

# XingTone is not included in Creator 9.1.

# DVDInfoPro, InstallShield Update Manager and SightSpeed are not installed by default. If you want these programs in your suite, you should use the “complete” or “custom” install options.

Don't know why I re-installed EMC 9 when I upgraded my HDD.

I have Creator 2009 on my other PC; installed that instead.

Everything works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Actually the Clean Install could fix the problem.

A lot of the time one of the folders that's uninstalled and reinstalled could be corrupted.Doing the Clean Install can fix it.

This issue can also be caused by a registry entry that is messed up.

The easiest try at a fix is the Clean Install.If that doesn't work then a registry edit could be called for.

If people are going to reply to these issues, it would be really nice if they'd say something helpful... otherwise, don't bother...

Hey Rick, you dug up a two year old post to rant? Why didn't you ust create a new thread.

What did I say that was not helpful? Did the link to the clean install process not work? Did you try it? Apparently it worked for the OP since the OP never came back to ask any more questions.

Just to double check; you posted in Easy Media Creator 9. Is that what you have or do you have Creator 2009. An answer would be helpful here.

Go here to the Roxio KB articles on the subject. Pick the one you think is most helpful. I hope you realized that there was a link in the first reply and in this one.

Archived