• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave Crashes Adding Text To Pictures

wiry

Question

I have been putting a project together and have not had any problems until now. When I try to add text to pictures, I will be in the middle of the text and the screen will freeze and a loud beep comes from the computer and I have to shut down and start up again. I have resolution set at 1280 by 800 and 32 bit color quality. I have xp pro with lots of free space and one gig of ram. What do you think? Any suggestionbs?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

I have been putting a project together and have not had any problems until now. When I try to add text to pictures, I will be in the middle of the text and the screen will freeze and a loud beep comes from the computer and I have to shut down and start up again. I have resolution set at 1280 by 800 and 32 bit color quality. I have xp pro with lots of free space and one gig of ram. What do you think? Any suggestionbs?

Thanks

Thanks for your tips . They work. Tools, options, dot next to software and clear proxy files. Haven't had a crash since.

Thanks again.

Thanks

What else do you have running while you are doing this - antivirus/anti-malware/e-mail/etc?

In Video Wave (which you should be using) go to the top menu, click on tools, then options and then put a dot next to software; try again. While you are there, click on clear proxy files. They will be immediately rebuilt.

Make sure that you defrag and clean that hard drive before doing any video work.

See if you can find the error. Right click on My Computer and select Manage. Follow the image below to find an error and double click on it. What does the error say as the faulting application and what is the error?

post-58-1218985513.jpg

The windows error message said it was the video driver so I updated the driver. I use a sony vaio laptop. Still it happens. So I will try your suggestions and let you know what happens.

I usually have anti-virus running. I use AVG. I usually find it doesn't bother anything.

The windows error message said it was the video driver so I updated the driver. I use a sony vaio laptop. Still it happens. So I will try your suggestions and let you know what happens.

I usually have anti-virus running. I use AVG. I usually find it doesn't bother anything.

Usually ? At least set it not to scan anthing that is already on your computer.

What video card/chip do you have?

Archived