• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Dl Dvd Problem

dickens

Question

Hi, I'm new to this site and not too technically savvy. I have some DVD's that I'm trying to copy (and yes, they are legit for copying). I copied the first one easily but after that came only errors. I'm using HP computer that came with Roxio preinstalled. Using Creator Basic v9. I bought Philips DVD+R DL discs and the first 4 (I made 4 copies of 1st disc) worked fine.

After that it says it can't write to the disc, insert new blank disc. I tried many and none work.

I went out and bought new ones, Nexxtech and now all it says for these are that they are not blank, insert blank disc. I tried several.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Now I've tried copying the discs on another computer, using the same Roxio program and they work fine. AND I can make copies of the copies on my computer but still cannot make copies of the originals. Does this make any sense? At this point I'm just happy that I can make the copies and will hopefully get all that I need made but still wondering what would make it so that I could not copy the originals but can copy the copies and the originals can be copied on another computer (same HP computer/Vista/Roxio). The Philips discs appear to be fine so it's not that. ???

Hi, I'm new to this site and not too technically savvy. I have some DVD's that I'm trying to copy (and yes, they are legit for copying). I copied the first one easily but after that came only errors. I'm using HP computer that came with Roxio preinstalled. Using Creator Basic v9. I bought Philips DVD+R DL discs and the first 4 (I made 4 copies of 1st disc) worked fine.

After that it says it can't write to the disc, insert new blank disc. I tried many and none work.

I went out and bought new ones, Nexxtech and now all it says for these are that they are not blank, insert blank disc. I tried several.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try some Verbatim DL discs.

So, to try something, I went back and tried to copy the 1st disc again since that had worked 4 times. I copied onto one of the Nexxtech discs that it wouldn't copy to before, it told me before that it wasn't blank. It worked and copied this time. There was an error at the end saying one or more files didn't match the original. But it did copy when before it wouldn't. Does that mean that the original disc is bad or something? How would that affect how the program sees the blank disc?

Any help?

Not sure if I was clear enough above. I have several discs I'm trying to copy and the first disc copied fine. It was when I tried to copy the second and third discs that the trouble began. That's when it said it couldn't copy to the Philips discs, and said the Nexxtech discs weren't blanks.

So, then I went back to the first disc I copied and it did work with the Nexxtech disc that it previously told me was not a blank. So, I'm wondering if that could mean the 2nd and 3rd discs are bad or something.

Archived