• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Sync Problems And Macosx Error -50

vdmsss

Question

Hello. I am experiencing frustrating difficulties while attempting to burn a HD-DVD on DVD. Hope somebody can help.

I have a H264 video file perfectly compliant with the HD-DVD spec, and a corresponding AC3 audio file. Then:

- If I feed Toast9 with the H264, it correctly finds the AC3, muxes them (and correctly does NOT re-encode), but the result is a movie with a badly out-of-sync audio track. (In my experience, this typically works well with MPEG2 and AC3 to create DVD contents.)

- If I mux the file myself in a MPG file then Toast9 hangs while trying to open it.

- If I mux the file myself in a MP4 file, then Toast9 will re-encode the video (which is something I really want to avoid)

- If I mux the file myself in a TS file (eg with tsMuxeR or tsRemux), then while writing the DVD image Toast stops gracefully with a "Couldn't complete last command because of a MacOSX error: Result Code = - 50".

I am running out of ideas: has anybody run across error -50 ? What is it? Does anybody know how to mux a h264 and a ac3 stream so as to satisfy Toast9 and get it to create a disc image?

Thanks.

-vdmsss

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet