Ten Minutes To Save A .dmse File?

vinylsol

Question

I use LP & Tape Assistant and then Sound Editor to make CDs from LPs and after editing the .wav file I save as a .dmse project before burning...but each time I save a project the time to save it gets longer and longer and the history file, at the bottom of the File menu, just grows bigger and bigger. It now fills the whole screen and it takes nearly ten minutes to save the project - it should take a few seconds. Then, next time I load the software, the load time gets longer and longer as well. This is not a hard disk problem as it only happens with Media Creator 8. The only way to get things back to normal is to remove the program and re-install it, which I've done twice - then everything is back to normal for a while but as I create more and more projects, the load and save time gets longer and longer. It seems to hit the worst stage after about 12 projects. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I use LP & Tape Assistant and then Sound Editor to make CDs from LPs and after editing the .wav file I save as a .dmse project before burning...but each time I save a project the time to save it gets longer and longer and the history file, at the bottom of the File menu, just grows bigger and bigger. It now fills the whole screen and it takes nearly ten minutes to save the project - it should take a few seconds. Then, next time I load the software, the load time gets longer and longer as well. This is not a hard disk problem as it only happens with Media Creator 8. The only way to get things back to normal is to remove the program and re-install it, which I've done twice - then everything is back to normal for a while but as I create more and more projects, the load and save time gets longer and longer. It seems to hit the worst stage after about 12 projects. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks!

Roxio suggested renaming a folder called MediaManager, to MediaManager.Old to fix this; I found the folder MediaManager8 (not MediaManager) in the place they suggested so assumed this is the correct one, but I cannot rename it as I get an Access Denied message. I am logged in as Computer Administrator. I tried changing the folder attributes by removing the 'Read Only' flag but after I had done this, I still got 'Access Denied' and the attributes had been reset to 'read only'. I reopened the ticket with Roxio to tell them about this but, as yet, have had no reply. I've tried reinstalling EMC 8 on a different computer and the same problem with project save times occurs - surely there must be someone else out there who has experienced this problem? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived