• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Copy To Hd From Music Cd/rw's

jllee1

Question

I don't know who Digital Guru is and I don't care. My point I was trying to make is that other programs create *.wav files for me fine, including Roxio 9.05 (I assume mentioning a registered product I purchased is okay with Digital Guru). When I tried to use Roxio 10 (Again a registered product I purchased - okay, Digital Guru?), Roxio 10 locks up after 10 - 12% copied. I used DVD-A as an example only.

If Digital Guru is offended by this post and he works for Roxio he can send me a full refund and I will longer ask a question on how to get Roxio 10 to work.

4 answers to this question

Have you tried to just copy the .wav files from the CD/RW to your hard drive and then use Roxio to edit the tracks?

Basically, I use Roxio to create the *.wav files from the *.cda files on the cd. I create the files on the CD/RW from a SONY CD/RW writer connected to my stereo system. Which has my turntable connected to.

Basically, I use Roxio to create the *.wav files from the *.cda files on the cd. I create the files on the CD/RW from a SONY CD/RW writer connected to my stereo system. Which has my turntable connected to.

Aha, some new information that you did not have in your first thread! :o Don't make us get into a guessing game. You will get a better and faster answer if you post all the information.

Why are you using the Sony CD/RW writer rather than going directly from your turntable to the sound card on your computer? Even if you have a laptop, you can, with care, go into the mic jack.

That Sony device introduces another variable. What brand CD's are you using? Memorex or store brands can give you problems.

Which EMC application are you using to rip the files from the CD to your computer?

DVD-A are specific types of audio CD's are are typically DRM protected. In your first post, it appeared that you were tying to rip the DVD-A to your computer. We cannot give you information on how to break DRM protection. That is why the post was closed.

Archived