allively

Video Wave E Mail-settings

Question

17 answers to this question

I have tried to e mail some short video clips. How do I get the e mail assistant to open?

The e-mail assistant is found under Photos from eth Roxio Home page. It seems to be only for e-mailing photos not video clips. Why don't you simply use your e-mail program?

You'd need to check with your isp for that but in general it's

smtp.<ispname>

for outgoing

and

pop.<ispname>

for incoming

You will also need to set up your password for smtp access

SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is an e-mail setting - you need to tell your e-mail program where the server is - it's not a part of the OS (just an address)

Check here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Mail_Transfer_Protocol

and here

http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/help/selection

Edited by gi7omy

This is down to your e-mail settings and you will have to contact your isp - EMC doesn't set smtp server addresses

I can send e mail with my e mail program MSN. But the Roxio gives and alarm. When I first tried to send a video. Roxio ask for the server name. I gave the wrong name. Any way to correct this?

I can send e mail with my e mail program MSN. But the Roxio gives and alarm. When I first tried to send a video. Roxio ask for the server name. I gave the wrong name. Any way to correct this?

Why don't you simply use your standard e-mail program instead of messing around with Roxio?

I would like to thank all who resopnded.

A assume this issue can not be resolved.

I think the issue is that most of us use our e-mail clients for e-mail, and not the application built into EMC 10. It's simply a case of lack of familiarity. (It's usually easier to just learn one program, though your motives of knowing what all EMC 10 will do is commendable.)

Have you tried accessing the Email Assistant through Media Manager? My understanding of the assistant is that it will add your files, after conversion, to an email using the default email client on your computer (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc). If you want to send via a web-based email client like yahoo or hotmail, you check that radio button in the assistant and you can choose where to save the converted file to for later attachment to a hotmail or yahoo email, but you have to do that externally, not from within EMC10.