• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator De 10.1

Clifford E. Good

Question

When I open the DVD Creator window, at the lower left corner of window near the disc icon, this statement appears: In use by Clifford. I can program a new project but when I hit the Red buton in the lower right corner, a statement appears at the top of the window stating the DVD is in use by Clifford, please wait until the project completes, then try again; the project never completes. I hiave no idea what the project is ora how to clear the statement In use by Clifford.

1 answer to this question

When I open the DVD Creator window, at the lower left corner of window near the disc icon, this statement appears: In use by Clifford. I can program a new project but when I hit the Red buton in the lower right corner, a statement appears at the top of the window stating the DVD is in use by Clifford, please wait until the project completes, then try again; the project never completes. I hiave no idea what the project is ora how to clear the statement In use by Clifford.

I'm not sure what you mean by "program a new project". That could mean any one of several different applications.

You have an OEM version of the software so not many people will have a good answer for you. Also since it is the OEM version, you must be very specific on which application shows you the error. It sounds like you are on on of the Easy Media Creator (10.1) home pages (you haven't opened an application yet) or on the copy cd application.

Are you running XP or Vista? Does that OEM version have a packet writing program or do you have a packet writing program on your computer? Packet writing programs can tie up a burner. Drag to disc and InCD are two packet writing programs that are most common. If you have any of these types of programs, disable them from start up - or better still delete them from your system.

Look to the bottom right of your system tray and see if one is open. Close it and then delete it. Visat has a built in packet writing program. None of them are good for long term storage of data.

Archived