Burning Itunes Video

jakesdad

Question

I have spent about 4 hours trying to copy some iTunes videos for my wife to watch on TV. The Creator 10 grab and drop feature does not work. I'm not up to speed on the formats. All I know is I paid for the down loads and should be able to make a copy for a dvd player using the dvdX feature. I've tried on line help w/o success.

6 answers to this question

I have spent about 4 hours trying to copy some iTunes videos for my wife to watch on TV. The Creator 10 grab and drop feature does not work. I'm not up to speed on the formats. All I know is I paid for the down loads and should be able to make a copy for a dvd player using the dvdX feature. I've tried on line help w/o success.

I have never used iTunes, but I have to believe that DRM (Digital Rights Management) plays a huge role here. Maybe someone else will drop in, and let us know if it can be done.

"Videos purchased from the iTunes Store can't be burned to a DVD or VCD that will play in a DVD player."

Quote from itunes "help" section....sad8.gif

I understand his frustration.

What he should do is get the tv shows or movies into his pc, zap out the commercials in videowave and burn DVDs with MyDVD. ;)

The question was DRM protected music videos; not TV programs. Am I missing something in the question and your answer?

The question was DRM protected music videos; not TV programs. Am I missing something in the question and your answer?

They DRM everything, songs, music videos, TV shows and movies you download. I've bought a few new-release movies for my kids' ipods. So "iTunes videos" could be anything; I read it as shows or movies. But if its music videos, you could always do the same if you tivo / DVR those shows, & when they play ones you want to keep, bring them into your pc, edit, and make a DVD.

Archived