• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Menu Navigation

wonderdog

Question

I created a DVD with a menu of six slide shows, plus a submenu with a slideshow and a movie. On the main menu, when playing back in either Preview mode or on a DVD player, navigating using the direction buttons on the 'remote control' doesn't go in sequence to each successive slide show. Plus, using a real remote, navigating either the main menu or the submenu is very touchy to control. Any suggestions? (I have the same issue on 3 different DVD players plus in Preview).

2 answers to this question

I created a DVD with a menu of six slide shows, plus a submenu with a slideshow and a movie. On the main menu, when playing back in either Preview mode or on a DVD player, navigating using the direction buttons on the 'remote control' doesn't go in sequence to each successive slide show. Plus, using a real remote, navigating either the main menu or the submenu is very touchy to control. Any suggestions? (I have the same issue on 3 different DVD players plus in Preview).

Did you rearrange the items on the menus? That will sometimes screw up the navigation. Add the files in the order you want them. The "button" for the movies are a lot larger than what they look like so you have to be real careful that they don't overlap them if you move them.

When you do add the files, take note where they are placed on the menu. Usually 2 is below 1 but 3 is to the right of one with 4 below it etc.

I learned this from one DVD i did where it was almost impossible to get to one of the videos. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply. When I created the movie, I did not add the files in order - that is probably my problem. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to correct the problem without recreating the whole movie (which I am not going to do). Lesson learned.

I wish there was a way to specify the order of toggling to different buttons in the menu.

Did you rearrange the items on the menus? That will sometimes screw up the navigation. Add the files in the order you want them. The "button" for the movies are a lot larger than what they look like so you have to be real careful that they don't overlap them if you move them.

When you do add the files, take note where they are placed on the menu. Usually 2 is below 1 but 3 is to the right of one with 4 below it etc.

I learned this from one DVD i did where it was almost impossible to get to one of the videos. :rolleyes:

Archived