• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Backing Up Recycle Bin

Willard M

Question

I am running a little low on hard drive space. I am in the process of ruthlessly deleting files that I THINK I no longer need to the Recycle Bin. I have about 4g in there now. I would like to burn the files in the Recycle bin to a Data DVD disc. I am unable to find any way to do this. The Recycle Bin is installed directly under Desktop and I am unable to find the file path that will work.

Does anyone know how to do this and please if so provide the file path?

I know that I will be wanting to restore some of those files.

Using XP Pro

Thank You.

Willard M

5 answers to this question

I am running a little low on hard drive space. I am in the process of ruthlessly deleting files that I THINK I no longer need to the Recycle Bin. I have about 4g in there now. I would like to burn the files in the Recycle bin to a Data DVD disc. I am unable to find any way to do this. The Recycle Bin is installed directly under Desktop and I am unable to find the file path that will work.

Does anyone know how to do this and please if so provide the file path?

I know that I will be wanting to restore some of those files.

Using XP Pro

Thank You.

Willard M

The recycle bin does not really contain any files; it just contains the filenames of file you have deleted. If you want to archive any deleted files, restore them, burn them to a disc using Creator Classic and them permanently remove them from your drive

Thank You.

That explains why when I use Moleskinsoft clone remover that the total number doesn't change when I look for and delete the duplicates.

Perhaps I need to create a junk folder and burn a disc from there and then to the recycle bin.

Thank You.

That explains why when I use Moleskinsoft clone remover that the total number doesn't change when I look for and delete the duplicates.

Perhaps I need to create a junk folder and burn a disc from there and then to the recycle bin.

That's what I was going to suggest, when I just now first started reading this thread.

You can make a folder on your desktop, and drag the files, from the Recycle bin, to the folder on your desktop. I just tried it, and it works.

You can then burn those files, to a DVD, then delete them, if you so desire.

Thanks for the tip. That worked great. They all showed up in the junk folder. Now burn the disc and dump the recycle bin

I was trying to figure out how to get them all in one place for the burn. If restored from the Recycle Bin they all go back to the original folders.

I think this will work.

Thanks for the tip. That worked great. They all showed up in the junk folder. Now burn the disc and dump the recycle bin

I was trying to figure out how to get them all in one place for the burn. If restored from the Recycle Bin they all go back to the original folders.

I think this will work.

You're welcome.

Archived