Cannot Write To Hard Drive Successfully

tnorris

Question

I am new to EMC10, and for the most part the program functions as far as creating productions (multiple slide shows linked to a menu through mydvd), and burning them to a disc. My problem shows itself when I write a productiopn to the hard drive to be recalled at a later time to complete. When trying to retrieve a production Iget an error window (no error number) with a message that the says "cannot open production". I am using XP as an operating system. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea as how to resolve the problem?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I am new to EMC10, and for the most part the program functions as far as creating productions (multiple slide shows linked to a menu through mydvd), and burning them to a disc. My problem shows itself when I write a productiopn to the hard drive to be recalled at a later time to complete. When trying to retrieve a production Iget an error window (no error number) with a message that the says "cannot open production". I am using XP as an operating system. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea as how to resolve the problem?

Thanks

It's unclear what you mean by "write a production to the hard drive". Are you referring to saving your project file to the hard drive? DO you mean you cannot open the project file you created with myDVD? It has the extension dmsd. Please give us some more detailed information.

It's unclear what you mean by "write a production to the hard drive". Are you referring to saving your project file to the hard drive? DO you mean you cannot open the project file you created with myDVD? It has the extension dmsd. Please give us some more detailed information.

Your correct in your assumption that I was saving the project. When I received your reply I was in the process of removing the program, and reinstalling it after cleaning out all the remnants of the program. Once it was reinstalled it seems to be able to save and recall .... havent tried to burn it yet, but feel that it will work as well. Thanks for your reply.

Your correct in your assumption that I was saving the project. When I received your reply I was in the process of removing the program, and reinstalling it after cleaning out all the remnants of the program. Once it was reinstalled it seems to be able to save and recall .... havent tried to burn it yet, but feel that it will work as well. Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully you got it working and can enjoy working with it to create memorable productions. :)

Archived