I Need To Know

leecrystal

Question

I need the fact before I buy this.

I've had versions 6 and 7 and loved them. Had little trouble so of course I got 8. Now that was a big mistake!

I had nothing but trouble with it. There was only ONE patch and they moved on to 9.

There were also so some things I could do in 7 that I could not do in 8, so it went backwords.

The only reason I tried to use it because the DVD output was far more like video. If not for that I think I would have selved it.

So I decided to never by Roxio again. After trying Nero I realized Roxio was still a slightly better product, when it did what it was suppose to do.

I was also wondering why there was a trial version of 9, which I tried but not 10. To me 9 was just 8 with a number of fixes that it needed.

So tell me one and all that have it now would you buy it now knowing what you do about it now? B)

15 answers to this question

I need the fact before I buy this.

I've had versions 6 and 7 and loved them. Had little trouble so of course I got 8. Now that was a big mistake!

I had nothing but trouble with it. There was only ONE patch and they moved on to 9.

There were also so some things I could do in 7 that I could not do in 8, so it went backwords.

The only reason I tried to use it because the DVD output was far more like video. If not for that I think I would have selved it.

So I decided to never by Roxio again. After trying Nero I realized Roxio was still a slightly better product, when it did what it was suppose to do.

I was also wondering why there was a trial version of 9, which I tried but not 10. To me 9 was just 8 with a number of fixes that it needed.

So tell me one and all that have it now would you buy it now knowing what you do about it now? B)

EMC 10 was developed w/ Vista in mind and has some bells/whistles for mobile devices. Did you like the trial version of 9?

Yeah I did, but like I said I think it was just the fixed version on 8 with a few extra's.

I Have XP Pro so will that be an issue???

Old Specs below.

Current Spec's:

Manufacturer: XFX68L

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 2814MB RAM

Hard Drive: 750 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Monitor: SyncMaster 2220WM/G22PW/220WM(Digital)

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Yeah I did, but like I said I think it was just the fixed version on 8 with a few extra's.

I Have XP Pro so will that be an issue???

Old Specs below.

Current Spec's:

Manufacturer: XFX68L

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 2814MB RAM

Hard Drive: 750 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Monitor: SyncMaster 2220WM/G22PW/220WM(Digital)

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Did you read the comparison chart provided by Roxio re: these two? I only have EMC 10, so hopefully someone will jump in here and maybe give you some additional guidance. :rolleyes: Although not perfect, I believe that EMC 10, which you can now probably get for $50.00 or maybe even less from some vendors, is a terrific bargain.

For my part version 7.5 has been the best version since the old adaptec days when 4.0 was there!

EMC 8.0 was a total disaster & everyone should have been given a rebate check if they bought it!

My real question here is for anyone that has downloaded the update patch for EMC 10?

The thing says there's "no new features", so if this is true, then why bother with the updates???

What "EXACTLY" does these new build version updates do??? What are they good for??

IMO version 6 was let's say festering, version 8 was related to version 6! :lol:

Sonic bought Roxio, they are continuing to squeeze out Roxio named products for Sonic or newly named limited programs. Video Copy and Convert (EMC10), doesn't do audio, replacing Disc Copier (EMC9), that did audio and video! Sonic has their own audio copy program available from the home screen tho. It's Roxio, Sonics way! ;)

cd

For my part version 7.5 has been the best version since the old adaptec days when 4.0 was there!

EMC 8.0 was a total disaster & everyone should have been given a rebate check if they bought it!

My real question here is for anyone that has downloaded the update patch for EMC 10?

The thing says there's "no new features", so if this is true, then why bother with the updates???

What "EXACTLY" does these new build version updates do??? What are they good for??

I agree with you on EMC 7.5 being the best version, but you would play hell, trying to burn widescreen video. It isn't going to happen.

I believe that the 10.1 update eliminates the NTLDR problem, and it may also take care of the registry kill problem when using Norton and registry cleaners. I am not sure about that, though, because I found no need to download and install it. My boxed version, of EMC 10, works fine.

Don't confuse UPDATE with UPGRADE. Updates are usually bug fixes and contain no new features and are free.

Upgrades usually include new features and most often are not free. Like EMC 7.0 to 7.5.

Hum, thanks for the feedback all.

I can get 10 for about $50, worth that?

It seems 10 has less features then 9?

Maybe I should get 9, it's probably real cheap anyway.

Not to cause you more confusion but I have both 9 and 10 and use both. I think if the 2 could be put together it would make more sense. They've added some nice small touches in 10 but took away some things that 9 was good at (cdanteek mentions it). However, if all you really do is video work, the major parts....MyDVD and Videowave.....are basically the same.

I suspect version 11 will be out in the next 30 days based on release history. However, version 10 is on sale at Amazon if you can't wait.

Do you know if Roxio has a policy of giving the new version if the old one was purchased within 30 days of the new release? I know ULead had this at one time. I just bought a copy of Roxio and am trying to decide whether to return it unopened and wait for the new release, which, of course, wouldn't be $50, as this one was. If I knew I could get the new version or get it for just a little more, I'd keep it and give it a try. I'm a bit put off by all the problems I've read about istalling the program.

Archived