• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Sync And Toast Video Player Edits

rosshummel

Question

In Toast 9.02 I am having a problem when I edit a file taken from my TiVo in the Toast Video Player.

I go through the 'Elgato' editor and cut out all of the commercials. Then I setup my frontpage with a scene for when the DVD is inserted into the player. I save all of that then hit the burn button and, after about two hours for a full length movie, the disk completes. Unfortunately, when I play it back the audio sync doesn't match up with the movie - it's as if the video was cut based on my edits but the audio never got cut (it plays the commercials and everything as recorded in the original TiVo file). Is there a step I am missing?

I am running an Intel IMac.

Any help appreciated.

3 answers to this question

In Toast 9.02 I am having a problem when I edit a file taken from my TiVo in the Toast Video Player.

I go through the 'Elgato' editor and cut out all of the commercials. Then I setup my frontpage with a scene for when the DVD is inserted into the player. I save all of that then hit the burn button and, after about two hours for a full length movie, the disk completes. Unfortunately, when I play it back the audio sync doesn't match up with the movie - it's as if the video was cut based on my edits but the audio never got cut (it plays the commercials and everything as recorded in the original TiVo file). Is there a step I am missing?

Any help appreciated.

Agreed. I just did my first video edit from a TiVo HD file and saved it as a disc image first. I mounted the disk image and the video looked great. However, none of the audio was edited! So the software will edit the video, but leave the audio intact wiping out complete synchronization with the video. Oh well. I am sure they will fix it soon.

I am experiencing the same behavior. And sometimes the video I am trimming is included instead of the video I wish to keep. A review of the topics on this discussion group indicate we are not alone -- the Toast 9 video edit feature simply does not work. I recently submitted a Help Ticket on this issue and will post an answer when I receive one.

-

Any help appreciated.

Wow...their tech support is REALLY bad! Here is the answer I got when I reported the editing feature does not work as stated above:

Dear Mr.Hillman,

Here are a few possibilities why this could be happening (PC and Mac) : You have too many background processes running. Before capturing video, be sure that all background processes have stopped. These can include:

o Anti-virus software

o Copying files

o Unnecessary system tray and other open applications like word processors

o Network connections

o Disable the Screen Saver

o Disable the Turn off Hard Disks (Power Options in Settings folder)

o Disable the Hibernation option (also in above folder)

o Disable the Network Time Server (Windows XP)

o Disable Text to Speech (Windows XP)

o Disable any scheduled tasks (for example, virus scan)

o Do not increase Virtual Memory beyond Windows' recommended setting

You may need to defragment your hard drive. You can do this from Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter

I guess they don't even have a clue that Toast 9 is a Mac product and they gave me advice for Windows XP! That is unacceptable. So I took the survey of their tech support and gave a negative review.

Archived