• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting A Video File

Suganess

Question

So I am trying to upload a movie file to YouTube so I can link it to a web page. I have no idea how to convert the video file so that youtube will recognize it. When I do a search it say to click on the target selector. Now I am pretty computer savy but what is the target selector?

16 answers to this question

So I am trying to upload a movie file to YouTube so I can link it to a web page. I have no idea how to convert the video file so that youtube will recognize it. When I do a search it say to click on the target selector. Now I am pretty computer savy but what is the target selector?

Go to media manager, navigate to the video file (mpg, avi,etc), right click on it and select upload to UTube. Log in and follow directions.

This does not work with project files. If you use Video Wave to create your project, you can output it to the format of your choice. UTube will reformat any video files to what they use or you can do it as stated.

You Tube says:

"Best Formats for Uploading

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

Video Format: MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid)

Resolution: 640x480 pixels

Audio Format: MP3

Frames per second: 30

Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)

Maximum file size: 1 GB "

I used the program cinemagic I think to make the video (I am at work right now I will have to double check during lunch) so my actual question is how do I convert it to make it so it is a file that YouTube will recongize. When I did a search in help it said something about a Target Selector.....

Does it need to be created in Video Wave in order for it to be in the right format to upload?

I used the program cinemagic I think to make the video (I am at work right now I will have to double check during lunch) so my actual question is how do I convert it to make it so it is a file that YouTube will recongize. When I did a search in help it said something about a Target Selector.....

Does it need to be created in Video Wave in order for it to be in the right format to upload?

I believe that Cinemagic gives you the option to "edit in Videowave". Perhaps you can use that to switch your project to Videowave which will give you the opportunity to select the format for UTube. You cannot directly create a video for Utube in Cinemagic.

You might be better off to redo your project from Videowave.

I am doing slideshow DVD's will video wave let me do that? and how do I get to the "change to video file" using CineMagic? Is it in the burn download dialog box?

Videowave is a much better program with which to create slideshows then Cinemagic or any of the Wizards. It offers more features and control

So I am using videowave and I did get it to convert from there...hoping (it's loading right now). But in MyDVD the Output is grayed out and won't let me do it from there...is there a reason?

Also I am trying to burn a slideshow from MyDVD onto a DVD and it goes through all the encoding and says that it has completed it with no errors, but 3 discs later there is still nothing on the DVD disc. someone had mentioned to change something under rendering which I did hoping it would work but nope...any ideas?

So I am using videowave and I did get it to convert from there...hoping (it's loading right now). But in MyDVD the Output is grayed out and won't let me do it from there...is there a reason?

Also I am trying to burn a slideshow from MyDVD onto a DVD and it goes through all the encoding and says that it has completed it with no errors, but 3 discs later there is still nothing on the DVD disc. someone had mentioned to change something under rendering which I did hoping it would work but nope...any ideas?

myDVD is for mainly for authoring and burning DVDs. If you switch to "edit movie" you open "videowave" and the "Output As" option should now be available

Instead of burning directly to DVD, uncheck the "burn to disc" option and instead use the "Create Folder Set" or the "Save Disc Image File" option. This will go through the whole rendering process and will tell you if there is something wrong with the rendering/authoring process. If everything works fine here, then the problem is with the burning section.

with MyDVD I did the save image disc file and it went through with no problems. I opened it up and the file is there. I know that my burner is working because I just burned a couple of DVD's last week using the Windows DVD Maker. So it isn't the burner itself.... any other ideas?

with MyDVD I did the save image disc file and it went through with no problems. I opened it up and the file is there. I know that my burner is working because I just burned a couple of DVD's last week using the Windows DVD Maker. So it isn't the burner itself.... any other ideas?

Since you have created a iso image file, you could use EMC 10's Video Copy & Convert to burn the image file to a DVD.

Another option is to download a free utility call ImgBurn to burn the image file to DVD.

Archived