drnibs

Questions On Protocols Here

I don't seem to be getting email notifications of replies in my mailbox. Any ideas on why that might be?

Also, in my posts on this forum I'm the only guy who doesn't get a lined-paper icon and an orange box next to my topic. Anybody know why, and what those mean?

Thanks,

Rob

I don't seem to be getting email notifications of replies in my mailbox. Any ideas on why that might be?

Also, in my posts on this forum I'm the only guy who doesn't get a lined-paper icon and an orange box next to my topic. Anybody know why, and what those mean?

Thanks,

Rob

Under "Post Options" when your're preparing a post, do you have the checkbox for "Enable email notification of replies?" checked? Also, is your e-mail correct in your your profile? Any chance your ISP has a spam filter that is blocking the e-mail notifications?

The "lined paper" icon shows when the subject has replies that you haven't looked at, otherwise it's an unlined piece of paper. The yellow box indicates that you're "subscribed" to that thread.

Thanks,

Rob

IMO the board been hosed since the change 1 Jan. I don't get email notifications either, and have changed setting's fifty times.

I created a new user name and password. Roxio emailed me successful registration and keeps mailing me upgrade offers. When I try to sign in with new ID, it tells me email address not on record! So why do they keep emailing me!

cdanteek

Under "Post Options" when your're preparing a post, do you have the checkbox for "Enable email notification of replies?" checked? Also, is your e-mail correct in your your profile? Any chance your ISP has a spam filter that is blocking the e-mail notifications?

The "lined paper" icon shows when the subject has replies that you haven't looked at, otherwise it's an unlined piece of paper. The yellow box indicates that you're "subscribed" to that thread.

Post Options

Enable emoticons? check

Enable signature? check

Enable email notification of replies? check

cdanteek

The yellow box indicates you have posted in the thread.

Lynn

The yellow box indicates you have posted in the thread.

Lynn

I think the yellow box means "go to the last unread post". Thats how it works for me!

I think the yellow box means "go to the last unread post". Thats how it works for me!

Walt, you're referring to the orange square beside the topic title.

Dave and I are referring to the yellow square inside the outline of a piece of paper that indicates whether you've read (blank paper) or not (lines on the paper) the topic.

'Course, if you click on the file folder beside the Forum instead of the Forum title, it marks everything as "read". Generally clicked on by mistake.

Lynn

Walt, you're referring to the orange square beside the topic title.

Dave and I are referring to the yellow square inside the outline of a piece of paper that indicates whether you've read (blank paper) or not (lines on the paper) the topic.

'Course, if you click on the file folder beside the Forum instead of the Forum title, it marks everything as "read". Generally clicked on by mistake.

Lynn

The OP asked about "lined-paper icon and an orange box next to my topic". Someone switched orange to yellow in their post.

The OP asked about "lined-paper icon and an orange box next to my topic". Someone switched orange to yellow in their post.

Ah. I hadn't reviewed from the top.

Perhaps OP has been clicking on the file icon, which removes the yellow square and marks everything as being already read.

Lynn

post-208-1144282953.jpg

Perhaps this might help.

The apple thread. Lines on the page mean unread messages in the thread, and the orange box will take me to them. The paperclip means there's an attachment on the thread.

Music Market. Unread messages, and the small square on the page means I have written a message in that thread.

Best Brand. I've read all messages, written at least one, and there are several pages in the thread.

System Startup. I've read them all, and there is only one page of messages.

If your browser caches these pages you might not see the icons change immediately as you read the messages, but you will see the changes if you flush your browser's cache or restart the browser and come back here.

Drnibs,

When you check a post you've written the icon should show as an empty page with no orange box because you've read the whole thread.

Cdanteek,

This new board is hosted on a totally different provider from the old one. There are some connection issues between the old myRoxio with the email addresses, and the new board. That should be sorted by a new system fairly soon. Please be patient.

Edited by brendon t