• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Remove Unwanted Narration?

jennybob93

Question

9 answers to this question

For some reason (thank goodness I checked before sending this back to my dear friend) I was capturing her home movie as I was getting dinner for my kids. Throughout the captured video you can hear my voice talking to my kids. How did this happen and how do I remove it? :rolleyes:

In VideoWave, bring in the video, then above the Preview screen, click on the speaker icon, and select Mute. This will mute the entire video, though.

For some reason (thank goodness I checked before sending this back to my dear friend) I was capturing her home movie as I was getting dinner for my kids. Throughout the captured video you can hear my voice talking to my kids. How did this happen and how do I remove it? :rolleyes:

It seems like you had a microphone on all the time.

Since the "narration" has become part of the "native" audio in the captured video it cannot be removed. You will have to recapture.

yes i am using a lap top but i got lost on the previous thread. This is my primary computer and I shouldn't have a problem? I do have a PC if need be, but i disabled the microphone on the lap top. and just need to know how do i enable audio on the VHS tape for capture with the dazzle capture device??

yes i am using a lap top but i got lost on the previous thread. This is my primary computer and I shouldn't have a problem? I do have a PC if need be, but i disabled the microphone on the lap top. and just need to know how do i enable audio on the VHS tape for capture with the dazzle capture device??

I assume that you are asking how do you capture the audio? You are going to have to go into the Mic jack on your laptop from your Dazzle. Be careful; start with a low volume and then increase it to where you need it. Delete that and then start capturing from start.

Note that the Mic jack (port) is different from the internal Mic. In some cases, the internal Mic is one or two small holes just above the laptop's display. Look carefully and you will find microphone icons.

How you enable/disable it depends on your OS (XP or Vista) and your laptop manufacturer.

<_< apparently i didn't disable my internal microphone. HOW do I do this its driving me batty to keep hearing my voice over my recording~

I have a dell inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista 32 bit . i am using a dazzle 100 device to capture the vhs to my pc for further editing. how can i turn those two little holes at the top of my monitor off!

<_< apparently i didn't disable my internal microphone. HOW do I do this its driving me batty to keep hearing my voice over my recording~

I have a dell inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista 32 bit . i am using a dazzle 100 device to capture the vhs to my pc for further editing. how can i turn those two little holes at the top of my monitor off!

Dell is going to have to try to tell you that. Start here (link)

Archived