Error Writing To Disk Only When Using Virtual Pc

smhaig

Question

I have been burning cd & dvd with no problem both in the Vista 64 pc and when using a VMware virtual pc on the vista 64 machine. I am using roxio creator 9 DE.

However, today for the first time I am getting the error on the virtual pc: "There was a problem writing to disk...." I have tried all different kinds of files and get the same error. I DO NOT get the error when burning a disk when I am not using the virtual pc. So I am using the same device and the same disk and am able to burn. But when in virtual pc, I get this error. The virtual pc is windows xp.

When looking at the advanced description of the error it reads on the top line:

Sense:05 ASC:20 ASCQ:00 Command 2A

px.dll

pxafs:dll

and other lines which I can list if necessary.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you very much

smHaig

2 answers to this question

Hello,

Sense:05 ASC:20 ASCQ:00 means "Invalid Command Operation Code". The Command 2A will be specific to your burner, since it's not defined in the draft standard.

The rest is just a list of the version numbers of modules in your PX engine.

I can't suggest why there is a tangle between your Roxio Creator 9 DE and your VMWare virtual PC, since I have neither software, sorry :(

You should probably ask DELL , who provide and support the DE version of Creator 9, or VMWARE who provide the other software.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon:

Do you think the burn speed could be too high? But then, how come that would happen all at once. I did find a similar problem on the VMware where the speed was the issue but that was for the real pc not the virtual. I will try VMware & Dell however.

Hello,

Sense:05 ASC:20 ASCQ:00 means "Invalid Command Operation Code". The Command 2A will be specific to your burner, since it's not defined in the draft standard.

The rest is just a list of the version numbers of modules in your PX engine.

I can't suggest why there is a tangle between your Roxio Creator 9 DE and your VMWare virtual PC, since I have neither software, sorry :(

You should probably ask DELL , who provide and support the DE version of Creator 9, or VMWARE who provide the other software.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived