• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Flac To Audio Cd

chedderslam

Question

I am just starting with Roxio Creator DE 10.1. I am unable to burn FLAC files to an audio cd. Is there any kind of plugin out there that will allow me to do this? I have used Nero in the past, and had to install a plugin to burn FLAC files to audio cd. I like Roxio much more than Nero and would like to continue using it, but I need to be able to burn FLAC files. I would rather not deal with converting the files to another format.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I am just starting with Roxio Creator DE 10.1. I am unable to burn FLAC files to an audio cd. Is there any kind of plugin out there that will allow me to do this? I have used Nero in the past, and had to install a plugin to burn FLAC files to audio cd. I like Roxio much more than Nero and would like to continue using it, but I need to be able to burn FLAC files. I would rather not deal with converting the files to another format.

Thanks.

I'll assume you have the FLAC codec installed on your system and if so, your version of Creator is an OEM version which does support this.

There are ways to convert flac to wav for free and you can find some info here.

I'll assume you have the FLAC codec installed on your system and if so, your version of Creator is an OEM version which does support this.

There are ways to convert flac to wav for free and you can find some info here.

I think I have a FLAC codec installed as I am able to play FLAC files in Windows Media Player.

Would the retail version of Roxio allow me to burn FLACs? If so I will probably spend the money and get it.

Thanks.

I think I have a FLAC codec installed as I am able to play FLAC files in Windows Media Player.

Would the retail version of Roxio allow me to burn FLACs? If so I will probably spend the money and get it.

Thanks.

Yes, the retail version will definitely work with flac. I use Music Disc Creator and Sound Editor all the time to convert flac files and burn audio cds. I also see EMC10 on sale at many places now so you should be able to get it cheaply.

Archived