Volume Too Low Compared To Downloaded Mp3's

prv123j27p

Question

Hello to the group! I'm a new user of Roxio Creator 10. trying to convert LP's to mp3's, have turntable and receiver hookup and cannot adjust the recording level at all. Even with the slider bar all the way to the left, the signal is too strong and is clipping. Tried adjusting my pc mic input level and adjusted all the settings to the minimum, nothing would work.

I then ran the signal through my tape deck then to the pc mic, and am able to adjust the recording level as needed.

The real question is this: how come after I'm all done with a conversion, when I play it back, I have to adjust the volume significantly higher to be able to hear it at the same level (amplitude) as the mp3's which I had downloaded from the internet? I tried enhancing and boosting and it has no effect.

This can be a problem when I generate a playlist that includes both mp3's that I made using Roxio and mp3's that I had downloaded from sites. I will have to keep adjusting the volume up and down during playback.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Tom

2 answers to this question

Hello to the group! I'm a new user of Roxio Creator 10. trying to convert LP's to mp3's, have turntable and receiver hookup and cannot adjust the recording level at all. Even with the slider bar all the way to the left, the signal is too strong and is clipping. Tried adjusting my pc mic input level and adjusted all the settings to the minimum, nothing would work.

I then ran the signal through my tape deck then to the pc mic, and am able to adjust the recording level as needed.

The real question is this: how come after I'm all done with a conversion, when I play it back, I have to adjust the volume significantly higher to be able to hear it at the same level (amplitude) as the mp3's which I had downloaded from the internet? I tried enhancing and boosting and it has no effect.

This can be a problem when I generate a playlist that includes both mp3's that I made using Roxio and mp3's that I had downloaded from sites. I will have to keep adjusting the volume up and down during playback.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Tom

Plugging into a mic output can be a problem. Does your sound card have a "line in" jack? If so, use that.

Archived