• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding Audio In Emc10

Olid

Question

Hello all,

I have used EMC7 in the past and recently "upgrade" to EMC10 on my new HP. I searched through the forum

and have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Here is my problem, in Video Wave I am unable to add more the one music track to my slideshow. In EMC7 when I would add something it would ask if I wanted to delete the existing track or put the new track at the end of the existing one. Easy enough I always chose to put the new one at the end and I could string together a slideshow with as many music track I wanted. However, with EMC10 I don't even get that option. I can add one track but trying to add anymore is impossible. I browse to the track I want to add and select it. I then get a window that asks do you want to add to the music track or the sound effect track. Choosing either one of those I get the following error message everytime. "Audio cannot be added at this position" . What is up with that that? What used to take me 10 to 20 minutes to do in EMC7 I cannot even finish in EMC10.

I am hoping that someone can help me with this. I am at my wits end and have tried everything that I could think of.

Thanks for your help

Danny

11 answers to this question

Hello all,

I have used EMC7 in the past and recently "upgrade" to EMC10 on my new HP. I searched through the forum

and have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Here is my problem, in Video Wave I am unable to add more the one music track to my slideshow. In EMC7 when I would add something it would ask if I wanted to delete the existing track or put the new track at the end of the existing one. Easy enough I always chose to put the new one at the end and I could string together a slideshow with as many music track I wanted. However, with EMC10 I don't even get that option. I can add one track but trying to add anymore is impossible. I browse to the track I want to add and select it. I then get a window that asks do you want to add to the music track or the sound effect track. Choosing either one of those I get the following error message everytime. "Audio cannot be added at this position" . What is up with that that? What used to take me 10 to 20 minutes to do in EMC7 I cannot even finish in EMC10.

I am hoping that someone can help me with this. I am at my wits end and have tried everything that I could think of.

Thanks for your help

Danny

Click on Timeline, then click at the end of the first song, on the music track. Insert the next audio clip, there.

Thanks for the quick reply's. Like I said I have tried everything I can think of. I am already in the time line view and tried many times to add at the end of the existing track, even way past the end of the existing track. I still get the same error "Audio cannot be added at this position" . It is really frustrating because there no where is to put the track. Maybe if can get more "Tracks" to show in the left had side of the timeline it would work. But everything is greyed out with the execption of the Video and Music tracks. If I can somehow turn

on th "Sfx" so that it has the little blue light turned on I could add it there.

My slideshow is not longer than the existing track which is I would like to add more audio to it.

If I knew how to add a screen shot here to show you I would.

Thanks is there anything else you know of that I can try?

Danny.

My slideshow is not longer than the existing track which is I would like to add more audio to it.

Just so that it is clear, what is the current total length of slideshow and what is the length of the first audio track?

Firenhancer,

The total length of the slide show is a little over 6 minutes. The length of the first audio track is 2' 15".

I just had a thought, my PC came with a trial or basic verison of ECM9 and I installed EMC10 (full retail version) without removing 9. Could that be causing conflicts with the capabilities of EMC10?

Thanks,

Danny

Thanks for the quick reply's. Like I said I have tried everything I can think of. I am already in the time line view and tried many times to add at the end of the existing track, even way past the end of the existing track. I still get the same error "Audio cannot be added at this position" . It is really frustrating because there no where is to put the track. Maybe if can get more "Tracks" to show in the left had side of the timeline it would work. But everything is greyed out with the execption of the Video and Music tracks. If I can somehow turn

on th "Sfx" so that it has the little blue light turned on I could add it there.

Thanks is there anything else you know of that I can try?

Danny.

Do you get the view I show below in my pics? The blue "light" is only turned on if tere is something on the tracks. Do you not get the option to add to the Sound Effect Track?

EMC 9 and EMC 10 are both happy on the same computer.

Another way to add the audio is via the Media Selector. Under View select Media Selector, select Dock Media Selector and then navigate to your folder containing the audio clip you want to add. You can then drag the audio clip to one of the audio tracks.

post-103-1219356423.jpg

post-103-1219356432.jpg

Sknis,

You got me thinking, so I checked the file. That is the problem. Even though I have it listed as an Mp3 it does not play music. It does nothing, does not open or anything. So that leads me to believe that file is somehow corrupt. I should have tried another audio track sooner. Btw, I had come across your videos already, they are really usefull. If I can only remember where you had them all. I know they are in here somewhere.

Firenhancer,

I tried dragging another file into place and it worked like a charm, just as expected. The bad file is the cause of my grief.

I'll save that for a different post if I cannot figure it out.

Thank you all.

Danny

myguggi,

My screen is the same as yours. It appears that my "audio" file was the cause of my trouble. Apparently, it is corrupt.

Thanks for you help

Danny.

Sknis,

You got me thinking, so I checked the file. That is the problem. Even though I have it listed as an Mp3 it does not play music. It does nothing, does not open or anything. So that leads me to believe that file is somehow corrupt. I should have tried another audio track sooner. Btw, I had come across your videos already, they are really usefull. If I can only remember where you had them all. I know they are in here somewhere.

Firenhancer,

I tried dragging another file into place and it worked like a charm, just as expected. The bad file is the cause of my grief.

I'll save that for a different post if I cannot figure it out.

Thank you all.

Danny

myguggi,

My screen is the same as yours. It appears that my "audio" file was the cause of my trouble. Apparently, it is corrupt.

Thanks for you help

Danny.

You're welcome. You would have saved yourself, and us, a lot of trouble, had you checked that audio file, prior to trying to add it. I be you won't forget next time. :)

Archived