Video Editing

Tangerine

Question

I'm stumped and feel a little silly, but I can't figure out (not that I should have to; Roxio could have some step-by-step help somewhere) how to select and delete portions of a simple MPEG movie in My DVD to cut it down. Audacity audio editing is easy ... highlight and cut. But I can't figure this out. Can someone have mercy and help me? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Dear Tangerine,

I am also stumped. I have a moderate level of computer experience and I cannot find the edit features in Easy Media Creator 10. I have found the trim feature, which is a waste of time and effort. I have successfully used the video editing features of Sonic "MY DVD" for several years. I went to upgrade so I could do more video editing for my work and to edit the commercials out of my TiVo recordings. TiVo only uses Roxio. I teach and create video clips to enhance my presentations. This product has been a disappointment. I will print an apology if someone can show me where the similar or improved features are in Easy Media Creator 10. I am ready to delete this due to my frustration with the product. Please, someone educate me on the video editing features of this product. I do not want the TRIM feature. I need to take multiple clips and string them together to form a single piece of video. It was recommended that I upgrade to Easy Media Creator 10 since they merged with Sonic, but I wish I could have stayed with Sonic "My DVD." The editing was easier and I could insert breaks and delete scenes. Are these features available in Easy Media Creator 10?

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Dear Tangerine,

I am also stumped. I have a moderate level of computer experience and I cannot find the edit features in Easy Media Creator 10. I have found the trim feature, which is a waste of time and effort. I have successfully used the video editing features of Sonic "MY DVD" for several years. I went to upgrade so I could do more video editing for my work and to edit the commercials out of my TiVo recordings. TiVo only uses Roxio. I teach and create video clips to enhance my presentations. This product has been a disappointment. I will print an apology if someone can show me where the similar or improved features are in Easy Media Creator 10. I am ready to delete this due to my frustration with the product. Please, someone educate me on the video editing features of this product. I do not want the TRIM feature. I need to take multiple clips and string them together to form a single piece of video. It was recommended that I upgrade to Easy Media Creator 10 since they merged with Sonic, but I wish I could have stayed with Sonic "My DVD." The editing was easier and I could insert breaks and delete scenes. Are these features available in Easy Media Creator 10?

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Forget about what you knew in MyDVD; all the editing features you want are in Video Wave.

Here are some resources. If you have only an OEM version and not the full EMC, then your options are different.

Here are a few, the first two might be the best for you. karri has some excellent videos and the second link is a written step by step. In EMC 10, substitute Video Copy and Convert for Disc Copier.

Karri's videos (link)

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=15366

More videos

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/all-tips-and-tutorials.html Note: this may be a little confusing since Roxio has come out with a new version and some of the tips may not apply.

And lastly, look in the Tips and Tricks sections of the EMC 9 and EMC 10 forums for specialized help developed by the users.

Apologies accepted !

I'm stumped and feel a little silly, but I can't figure out (not that I should have to; Roxio could have some step-by-step help somewhere) how to select and delete portions of a simple MPEG movie in My DVD to cut it down. Audacity audio editing is easy ... highlight and cut. But I can't figure this out. Can someone have mercy and help me? Thanks.

Try this as well:

1) Start new project in MyDVD

2) Add movie

3) Edit movie

4) In the Timeline view, move scroll marker to either side of the piece that you are trying to remove, and then click on the "Split the selected item" icon above the Timeline. Then move the scroll marker to the other side and do the same. Then, right click on the unwanted section and choose "Delete" or select the red "x" icon above the Timeline. Also, before you can split it, you must select the section that you are splitting by left-clicking on it - a segmented border will appear around the section that you are splitting when it is properly selected.

Hope this helps,

Chris

You want to use Videowave to do this step. Take a look in the Tip and Tricks section for help but a start would be found here.

Archived