• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Memory Error When Closing Mydvd/video Wave

jojoand

Question

I have a strange error everytime I close the DVD burning app in EMC8 Suite. The error message says that it is a Video Wave error; "Instruction at 0x008fc9bc referenced memory at (address varies each time)--the memory could not be read. What is causing this and how do I fix it? As far as I know, my memory is fine (computer memory, at least!) so I think the program is misbehaving and trying to access memory that is not available.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Since jojo hasn't replied, :huh: I'll offer a few suggestions for you.

Make sure you have set the virtual memory correctly, about 1.5 times your 1G. Make sure you are not running any other programs that may be eating some of your memory, make sure you defrag your hard drive and reboot before doing any video work. Strongly suggested is to be disconnected from the internet and to shut down your anti-virus and anti-spy ware programs (and all others that are not required).

There are some programs that run to free up memory (does the same as rebooting) and that actually do a defrag on you memory. System mechanic is one of these. I really don't know if it is effective or not or if it will solve the problem or not but it looks good! :)

The same happens to me sometimes, not always, it's difficult to establish a relation.

I have a strange error everytime I close the DVD burning app in EMC8 Suite. The error message says that it is a Video Wave error; "Instruction at 0x008fc9bc referenced memory at (address varies each time)--the memory could not be read. What is causing this and how do I fix it? As far as I know, my memory is fine (computer memory, at least!) so I think the program is misbehaving and trying to access memory that is not available.

Thanks!

When stuff like this happens sometimes looking at the Windows 2k/XP event log will give more information. The event log often has stuff that happened weeks ago so this can be a useful tool. Sometimes the information is meaningless to anyone but a Roxio/Sonic programmer, but it can help zero in on what's causing the error.

You can see the event log by clicking on Start/Run, then type eventvwr.msc in the Run box, then click OK. In the right-hand window select Application or System and see if there are any errors listed. Click on the error and see what it says.

Lance

Please post your computer specs. Use anyone of the guru posts as a template. Click on MyControls and edit your signature to include the computer information. (an perhaps your favorite saying).

Thanks!

Archived