• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help With Youtube

Livin_In_NYC

Question

:angry2: hey guys i just recently signed up with youtube a couple of day ago. I have some videos that I downloaded and would like t put on youtube. I aldready uploaded a few but the quality is depressing. I used windows movie maker (the 1 that came when I bought my computer) What I did was I would combine the various clips to get 8mins or so of the movie then I would save the file to my computer as High Quality Lager with size 640 X 480 pixels aspect ratio 4:3 30 frames per second then I would use a converter program to convert the file to divx or some form of mp4. It looks good when im playing it on real player or windows media when I upload to youtube it looks somewhat fine but when I do it full screen it looks like crap. I just recieved a video editing program called roxio easy media creator suite 10 I tried it once and with this b4 u edit it gives u 2 choices of formal normal wich is 4:3 or widescreen wich is 16:9. I would make clips thats 8 or so mins then would save as DIVX NTSC video file quality as DIVX better quality with 640 X 480 megapixels with 29.97 fps. The audio is Roxio MP3 encoder,stereo, 44.10KHz, 16bit. Looks good on preview when I uploaded on youtube looks ok in normal mode but crap in full screen. Am I doing something wrong? I'm really not a video editing person can someone help me on how to get the best quality video on youtube thats almost christal clear even on full screen mode. Thanks alot heres a link to my youtube so u guys know where im coming from http://www.youtube.com/user/NewYorkStud22

2 answers to this question

:angry2: hey guys i just recently signed up with youtube a couple of day ago. I have some videos that I downloaded and would like t put on youtube. I aldready uploaded a few but the quality is depressing. I used windows movie maker (the 1 that came when I bought my computer) What I did was I would combine the various clips to get 8mins or so of the movie then I would save the file to my computer as High Quality Lager with size 640 X 480 pixels aspect ratio 4:3 30 frames per second then I would use a converter program to convert the file to divx or some form of mp4. It looks good when im playing it on real player or windows media when I upload to youtube it looks somewhat fine but when I do it full screen it looks like crap. I just recieved a video editing program called roxio easy media creator suite 10 I tried it once and with this b4 u edit it gives u 2 choices of formal normal wich is 4:3 or widescreen wich is 16:9. I would make clips thats 8 or so mins then would save as DIVX NTSC video file quality as DIVX better quality with 640 X 480 megapixels with 29.97 fps. The audio is Roxio MP3 encoder,stereo, 44.10KHz, 16bit. Looks good on preview when I uploaded on youtube looks ok in normal mode but crap in full screen. Am I doing something wrong? I'm really not a video editing person can someone help me on how to get the best quality video on youtube thats almost christal clear even on full screen mode. Thanks alot heres a link to my youtube so u guys know where im coming from http://www.youtube.com/user/NewYorkStud22

This is an You Tube question, so search there for a solution. Here is one post on their users forum.

When you are in Video Wave, go to the icon above the preview window and output the file to the suggested format and quality.

when I uploaded on youtube looks ok in normal mode but crap in full screen. Am I doing something wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong. YouTube converts all video to Flash player format which compresses the video even further. YouTube does have a better resolution, but the viewer must have broadband. I think the video must be 640X480 or larger.

Here is what I found on YouTube Help

The quality of the uploaded video combined with individual viewers' bandwidth will determine if the video is displayed at "Higher Quality."
So if your video is HQ and viewer only has dial up, the High Quality link will not show up.

post-49-1219527338.jpg

Archived