Dvd Burning

crdm

Question

hi, looking to purchase software for burning our kids dvd collection, as twin 2yrs old are quite destructive, would toast 9 be the best choice out of the roxioo apps, also does it matter if we buy the US software, but we live in Australia will we have any problems burning ozzie dvd's with different region codes from the US? Any info wuld be greatly appreciated as their dvd collection is quickly disappearing. cheers

2 answers to this question

burning our kids dvd collection
Most commercially available DVDs are copy protected. Roxio's software won't help you overcome that, nor do they want this forum to be used for such discussions. For discs that are not copy protected, Toast will copy them just fine.

does it matter if we buy the US software, but we live in Australia will we have any problems burning ozzie dvd's with different region codes from the US?
The software does not care for region codes. Copied DVDs will have the same region codes as the original. Newly authored DVDs (i.e. video file to DVD) will be all-region.

Most commercially available DVDs are copy protected. Roxio's software won't help you overcome that, nor do they want this forum to be used for such discussions. For discs that are not copy protected, Toast will copy them just fine.

The software does not care for region codes. Copied DVDs will have the same region codes as the original. Newly authored DVDs (i.e. video file to DVD) will be all-region.

I am not real sure about Toast making copies of non-copy protected discs, even though it is supposed to do so. It has consistently failed to make duplicates of my non-copy protected music CDs which other apps handle without difficulty.

As stated, there are other places where this type of question may receive an answer, just not here.

Archived