Mydvd Background Lost After Render

Surfer

Question

I run Vista premium on a Pent dual core 6400, 4Gb, Nvidia 8500GT. Have reinstalled vista and Mydvd videolab 10 (bought and downloaded it yesterday).

When I preview or burn a project (either directly to dvd or to an ISO file), the selected standard background does not show. I just get a black background with my files and title on it. If I replace the standard background with one of my pictures, the end result gives me my picture in Red with my files on it.

I have noticed that if I switch off Motion Menu, than the files DO get burned correctly.

However that is obviously not the reason why I bought this software.

Would appreciate any help.

4 answers to this question

And if all those fail, try changing MyDVD to software render mode under the menu TOOLS / OPTIONS.

Rendering changed from hardware to software - who knew!? Thanks for the posts - the menu background mysteriously changed to black has now returned to theme color & motion! Thanks!!

I run Vista premium on a Pent dual core 6400, 4Gb, Nvidia 8500GT. Have reinstalled vista and Mydvd videolab 10 (bought and downloaded it yesterday).

When I preview or burn a project (either directly to dvd or to an ISO file), the selected standard background does not show. I just get a black background with my files and title on it. If I replace the standard background with one of my pictures, the end result gives me my picture in Red with my files on it.

I have noticed that if I switch off Motion Menu, than the files DO get burned correctly.

However that is obviously not the reason why I bought this software.

Would appreciate any help.

One or more of the following might help:

1) Update the driver for the video card from nVidia.

2) Using the nVidia control panel, set the performance to best performance and away from best appearance. Set the anisotropic filtering and the anti-ailising to software )program) controlled.

3) Make sure your Windows display font is 96 dpi.

One or more of the following might help:

1) Update the driver for the video card from nVidia.

2) Using the nVidia control panel, set the performance to best performance and away from best appearance. Set the anisotropic filtering and the anti-ailising to software )program) controlled.

3) Make sure your Windows display font is 96 dpi.

The driver was up to date. Anistropic and anti alising was set to software and DPI was at 96.

I DID change the performance to best performance and now it works great. That must have been it.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

Archived