Trouble Copying Digital Camera Video Card To A Disc

jgolf

Question

I have just installed Creator 10 this weekend and have spent hours trying to copy my digital camera video card to a disc. When I get the screen to choose what I want to download to a disc, I can see the choices in black bold type but I can not click on it??? Help. This video is important to us.

7 answers to this question

Have no idea what HP support is trying to tell you and you really haven't given us much info on what you are trying to do. Are you transferring still images or video from the SD1100? Which part of EMC are you trying to use? Give us step by step what you are doing.

Sorry, I am not that effcient on the terms used for this type of issue. I am trying to take the video that I have recorded from my Canon camera, which is on a 4 GB card and use Roxio to transfer it to a disc. When I put the card into my computer tower and try to use roxio to copy it to a disc, the site that says you can pick which type of product, IE: camera, camera card, etc. I can not click on it to get me to the site so I can preform the process of taking the video off the card and putting it onto a disc. Hp just told me that the largest video card I can download to the computer is a 1 GB. So, as you see I can not just download the video 4GB onto the computer and then use roxio to copy it to a disc. I do not know what EMC is. Please be patient with me, I am trying to give you all the infromation that I know, and the problem I am having. Thank you. All I want to be able to do is get the video from my card onto a disc so I can watch it on my dvd player, and send it to my children.

Thank you again, Joan

Sorry, I am not that effcient on the terms used for this type of issue. I am trying to take the video that I have recorded from my Canon camera, which is on a 4 GB card and use Roxio to transfer it to a disc. When I put the card into my computer tower and try to use roxio to copy it to a disc, the site that says you can pick which type of product, IE: camera, camera card, etc. I can not click on it to get me to the site so I can preform the process of taking the video off the card and putting it onto a disc. Hp just told me that the largest video card I can download to the computer is a 1 GB. So, as you see I can not just download the video 4GB onto the computer and then use roxio to copy it to a disc. I do not know what EMC is. Please be patient with me, I am trying to give you all the infromation that I know, and the problem I am having. Thank you. All I want to be able to do is get the video from my card onto a disc so I can watch it on my dvd player, and send it to my children.

Thank you again, Joan

Did the Creator 10 come with the computer? If so, it is a OEM version in which some functions have been limited or diabled. I would assume that HP has adjusted that OEM so it can handle only that 1G size of file.

When you say site, what site are you talking about? (Do you mean window)

Have you just tried to use Windows (or Vista) to copy the contents of that card to a folder on your computer? Do not try to do a direct copy from the card to a disc, copy it to your computer.

That way you can do some editing, titlings, adjust audio, add transitions between scenes, etc. or you can burn the video to a disc but that will not result in a DVD that is playable on a DVD player.

My sugestion at this point is to go to the EMC 9 Trial forum, check to see if your computer exceeds the minimum specifications and then download the 30 day trial software. If it works, great and you can decide to buy EMC 10 (still available) or Creator 2009.

If that doesn't work, and the video is important, time to go to a good and reliable shop that can help you.

I have just installed Creator 10 this weekend and have spent hours trying to copy my digital camera video card to a disc. When I get the screen to choose what I want to download to a disc, I can see the choices in black bold type but I can not click on it??? Help. This video is important to us.

What camera? What format? Have you tried to put the video on your computer?

If JVC, perhaps this will help.

What camera? What format? Have you tried to put the video on your computer?

If JVC, perhaps this will help.

The camera is a Canon Power Shot SD1100 IS. I used a 4GB card to record on. I tried to get it into the computer, it would not work. HP support tells me that the computer will only take up to 1GB of video. I have taken my cards to a camera store, they get it done just by putting it in the machine, they charge me $30. They are the ones that told me to get Roxio so I could do my own. Guess I will have to send this software back, that doesn't seem right. Thank you.

Have no idea what HP support is trying to tell you and you really haven't given us much info on what you are trying to do. Are you transferring still images or video from the SD1100? Which part of EMC are you trying to use? Give us step by step what you are doing.

It sounds to me more of an HP problem than a software one.

There is no real reason why a computer shopuld be limited on file sizes unless there is

1: Insufficient disk space on the hard drive

2: It's formatted to FAT32 instead of NTFS (FAT32 has a 4 GB file size limit)

or

3: HP have done something to restrict it - and for that you would need to ask tham what (and why they did it)

The camera is a Canon Power Shot SD1100 IS. I used a 4GB card to record on. I tried to get it into the computer, it would not work. HP support tells me that the computer will only take up to 1GB of video. I have taken my cards to a camera store, they get it done just by putting it in the machine, they charge me $30. They are the ones that told me to get Roxio so I could do my own. Guess I will have to send this software back, that doesn't seem right. Thank you.

Are you sure that they didn't say that the camera will only take 1G of video? That's more likely.

By that way, that camera takes motion jpeg format. The last time I looked, EMC does not handle mjpeg. If you are only transferring from the stick to a DVD, then that is not applicable.

What kind of card did you use? See this.

Have you simply tried using Windows?

Archived