• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Conversion Issues For Video

1Confusedguy

Question

I am using windows xp sp3.When I click convert video it takes me to compilation.It says to start click the ADD button.I do and I add the video which is mpeg1 I believe.It shows it on the left side of the screen.On the right is where it has options for output format.I select ipod.Also, burn to disc or save to file.I have tried both unsuccessfully.It shows in a file of my selection but is blank whenI save to file and is never in a playlist on itunes as selected.When trying to close itunes it says an interface is in use by another program.However,I have left it overnight and still it does nothing.When choosing to burn to disc it says it is writng and then complete but yet is completely blank.I have reinstalled and even exchanged this software at the store for a new disc but same story.I had previously used this on EXACTLY same computer in every way and I can't remember what was different but I could swear that back then it placed a button to the right of where the ADD button is after adding a video and selecting it which then sent the image to the right hand side of the screen where the format options are.That may be a brainfart on my part but I thought I should mention it just in case.If anyone has any idead at all I would truely appreciate the assistance.This has been nagging at me for a month now and I have no more ideas of how to make this work.I hope I just did something stupid though and it's an easy fix.Thank you for anything you can do for me.

6 answers to this question

It does work that way yes.However,it chops the size of the video files by about 50 percent.So as you can imagine the quality doesn't exactly turn out great for the audio or the video.Maybe i'm missing an update that I had on the computer when it worked in the compilation are of coversions before.The quality was good there but it just doesn't transfer to anywhere no matter what for me.It never actually tries to covert at all.But anyways.........Thanks for trying.

You're putting it on a g***** Ipod!!!!!!!!!!

I know it may be difficult for someone of your generation to understand.However,I prefer to take my photos,home videos,music,movies,contact info,calenders with appointments and whatever else I may need along with me in my pocket on one little item when I travel.You go right ahead and pack up a suitcase to drag around dig through if that happens to be your thing.I won't knock it.Whatever works for you is great.I do use my ipod plugged into quite large televisions which tends to be obviously horrible if the quality has been compromised.If I was your average idiot kid then I suppose I would stare at a stupid little screen and never know the difference.My problem is that on one day the conversion program worked great and the next i'm going through a bunch of crap to come out with half the quality.It's a bit frustrating.Thank you for your efforts in the war though.I do respect you for that,unlike many others in this country.Thanks for taking the time to deal with my b.s.

I am using windows xp sp3.

When I click convert video it takes me to compilation. It says to start click the ADD button. I do and I add the video which is mpeg1 I believe. It shows it on the left side of the screen. On the right is where it has options for output format. I select ipod. Also, burn to disc or save to file. I have tried both unsuccessfully. It shows in a file of my selection but is blank when I save to file and is never in a playlist on itunes as selected.

When trying to close itunes it says an interface is in use by another program. However, I have left it overnight and still it does nothing. When choosing to burn to disc it says it is writng and then complete but yet is completely blank.

I have reinstalled and even exchanged this software at the store for a new disc but same story. I had previously used this on EXACTLY same computer in every way and I can't remember what was different but I could swear that back then it placed a button to the right of where the ADD button is after adding a video and selecting it which then sent the image to the right hand side of the screen where the format options are.That may be a brainfart on my part but I thought I should mention it just in case.If anyone has any idead at all I would truely appreciate the assistance.

This has been nagging at me for a month now and I have no more ideas of how to make this work.I hope I just did something stupid though and it's an easy fix.Thank you for anything you can do for me.

Put the video in Video Wave. Output it to the format you want. Use Media Manager to put it on your IPod.

It does work that way yes.However,it chops the size of the video files by about 50 percent.So as you can imagine the quality doesn't exactly turn out great for the audio or the video.Maybe i'm missing an update that I had on the computer when it worked in the compilation are of coversions before.The quality was good there but it just doesn't transfer to anywhere no matter what for me.It never actually tries to covert at all.But anyways.........Thanks for trying.

Archived