Recorded Time

Carol-CEI

Question

I am using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and have recently discovered a problem. When listing the contents of a CD or DVD the modified time shown is 6 hours earlier than when the data was actually written to the CD/DVD. How can I correct this so that when I access the media at a later date it will show the actual time of day that the data was written to the CD/DVD? Some times the actual time is important.

9 answers to this question

I am using Classic Creator and the computer is set to the correct time and time zone.

I have frequented the forums, since EMC 7 came out, almost 5 years ago, and I don't ever remember seeing this problem posted.

Does the time post correctly, when you save files in any other program, other than EMC 7?

As well as checking the time (which should be automatic anyway), check the date on your computer (open the clock at the bottom right and you can see the date there.

I had a job recently where the computer was doing all sorts of strange things - not updating AV, not opening docs, etc and I found that someone had managed to set the date to September 2008 - resetting to August cured it

On a side note, you should change the time server (I presume you are using the default windows one) - go to this website

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome

check for the closest server to you and, in the clock/date settings, open the 'Internet Time' tab and put the address of the new NTP server there - it's a lot more accurate that way

I am using Classic Creator and the computer is set to the correct time and time zone.

Additional info: Since this happens with LG GSA E40L and LG GSD E60L writers, but not with the CD writer installed in my pc, I checked with LG this morning. They seem to think it may a compatibility problem between the older version of EMC and the writer?

Additional info: Since this happens with LG GSA E40L and LG GSD E60L writers, but not with the CD writer installed in my pc, I checked with LG this morning. They seem to think it may a compatibility problem between the older version of EMC and the writer?

I just checked a data DVD I created yesterday where I burned files to the DVD that I had saved to my PC back in 2006. None of the dates shown on the DVD (see picture) show the date the files were burned to the DVD but only the date they were created/modified/accessed which in my case are all the same.

I used Creator Classic from EMC 10 to burn the files. I also used a LG burner although I can't believe that should have any effect.

I checked some more discs that I have burned over the last years and none of them show the date they were burned.

post-103-1220638479.jpg

It has been some time since I used EMC 7/7,5 but I don't think it has changed much.

I also think that the issue is with your computer's clock. Under options in Creator Classic you have a couple of choices on what date is put on those files. The image is from EMC 10 but perhaps you have the same options in 7/7.5

post-58-1220654271.jpg

And that sounds like a smoke screen, burning standards were set forth long before V7 or LG were even in existence. Roxio has complied with those Standards, from the beginning.

You mentioned more burners (3) then one normally has??? One problem we had with times was when a Server was the source and it's clock was not properly set.

Archived