• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Upload To Cddb, But Track Info Never Shows Up

lush1

Question

I work at a radio station. We make lots of CDs for various purposes. For example, sometimes we give copies of special programs to listeners as prizes. When bands come in to perform live we like to send them a CD of the final program. It would be really nice if the CDs would be identified by the CDDB, but it doesn't happen. Lately I have been trying to upload the track names to CDDB, but they never show up. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my latest CD to be recognized, but no luck. I have used Toast and iTunes. I get a message that the info was successfully uploaded to the CDDB, but it never gets on their server. Just to be sure it wasn't a firewall or router issue, I plugged my computer directly into my cable modem. An ideas?

other search terms: How long does it take for uploads to show up on CDDB? When you submit CD track names to CDDB, how long does it take for them to get into the database? Why don't the tracks I upload show up in CDDB? Do CDs have to be commercial to get them in CDDB? Why won't CDDB recognize my CDs? If I submit my track names more than once to CDDB does it cause a problem.

2 answers to this question

I'm not an expert on CDDB but I've never heard of a situation like yours. My presumption is the upload immediately becomes part of the overall data base.

How do you know that it isn't there? Have you inserted audio CDs in a computer where they have not been recognized so the computer must go to CDDB for info? What happens when you do this?

Just as you said. I put the CD in several computers which it had never been in before. It has been a month or more now and it still doesn't show up.

I don't know if this is significant that he CD in question contains no commercial music. It is an interview and live performances by the Offspring recorded and produced in our radio studio. I made copies for the band, crew, record label, management and a few of our staff. It would really be nice if they could get the track info from CDDB, even if there are only about 25 copies. It just looks professional.

We semi-commercially released a CD several months ago. We didn't sell it. We gave away about 1000 copies made by a duplicating plant from my master. The duplicating plant must not have uploaded the track info because when I checked one of the pressed copies, the track list was a sloppy mess, obviously submitted someone who got a free copy of the CD. I corrected the mistakes, completed the info and sent it to CDDB. Now both lists show up and the CDDB gives you the choice to choose which one to link to the CD.

I surfed the Gracenote site, found a process for becoming some sort of "partner" which gives you some vaguely described privileges to the CDDB, though they don't explain exactly how this works. I sent an email to the address provided there asking to join the program so our station can easily upload information for small runs of CDs we make for artists that visit or listeners. That also was about a month or more ago and I never heard back from them. I'm stumped.

I'm not an expert on CDDB but I've never heard of a situation like yours. My presumption is the upload immediately becomes part of the overall data base.

How do you know that it isn't there? Have you inserted audio CDs in a computer where they have not been recognized so the computer must go to CDDB for info? What happens when you do this?

Archived