• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Capturing Streaming Audio

rayx

Question

Hello. I have never had problems before with the Audio Capture Tool but I got a new Dell P-4 3ghz, 3 gig memory with 250 sata drives and it begins to choke out after awhile as I am capturing any kind of audio on the computer. I have way lesser capable machines that do not have problems capturing. So I am wondering why this much better machine is choking as it tries to capture. I had it set to mp3 and then wave. Any suggestions? thank you

Edited by rayx

3 answers to this question

Hello. I have never had problems before with the Audio Capture Tool but I got a new Dell P-4 3ghz, 3 gig memory with 250 sata drives and it begins to choke out after awhile as I am capturing any kind of audio on the computer. I have way lesser capable machines that do not have problems capturing. So I am wondering why this much better machine is choking as it tries to capture. I had it set to mp3 and then wave. Any suggestions? thank you

What kind of audio device do you have on the new computer? Is it a chip or a stand alone card? Have you looked for an updated driver for it? Go to the Dell site for more recent drivers..

If they do not have new drivers, go to Windows>Start>Run>Type in dxdiag>OK> when the box opens got to the Sound tab and move the slider all the way to the left to turn down the acceleration. If that corrects the problem, then you can fine tune the acceleration.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

What kind of audio device do you have on the new computer? Is it a chip or a stand alone card? Have you looked for an updated driver for it? Go to the Dell site for more recent drivers..

If they do not have new drivers, go to Windows>Start>Run>Type in dxdiag>OK> when the box opens got to the Sound tab and move the slider all the way to the left to turn down the acceleration. If that corrects the problem, then you can fine tune the acceleration.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

It is built in SoundMax Digital Integrated Audio. The only way it resolved the issue was to completely turn it left where it says no acceleration [Hardware acceleration]. There are no updated drivers and I just acquired this computer and I did a clean reinstall using the drivers given on Dell website. I am trying to figure what impact it has on sound when you have "no hardware acceleration". I did read that if you have Dolby 5.1 surround sound, there are issues. However, I would need to buy a sound card for this function anyway. I am considering trying other audio capture software to see if it only occurs with Roxio's audio capture. Seems like there is always an issue with any given hardware/software at some point.

Interesting link:

http://www.gamesforum.ca/archive/index.php/t-251027.html

Edited by rayx

I am considering trying other audio capture software to see if it only occurs with Roxio's audio capture.

Actually, I just downloaded a freeware program called Audacity [ http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ] which works without any problems at full acceleration. It is a standalone and doesn't require installation. It may not be as easy to use as Roxio's Audio capture but definitely worth it if you don't have Roxio. Although, like I said, I have never had any problems with Roxio's audio capture from 7.5 to 9 in any computer till now. I will probalby continue to use Roxio's, unless no acceleration becomes a problem.