Problem With Memory Area

cerenis

Question

I've tried writing some videos to a blank DL DVD+R, and I keep getting the following error. I am using Creator Classic 7.1.1.189 and all my hardware/firmware drivers are up to date:

"program memory area update failure"

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this, what it means, and how I fix it.

2 answers to this question

I've tried writing some videos to a blank DL DVD+R, and I keep getting the following error. I am using Creator Classic 7.1.1.189 and all my hardware/firmware drivers are up to date:

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this, what it means, and how I fix it.

What make and model burner do you have? Is it capable of burning to a DL disc?

You say you're writing videos, are you making an actual Video DVD using VideoWave/DVD Builder?

The Program Memory Area (PMA) is a part of the disc used to hold Table-Of-Contents information while the disc is being written. At the end of the burn, that area needs to be read back so the Table of Contents can be written. It sounds like your drive is having trouble accessing the PMA. Usually, at least in the days of CD-R prior to DVD R media, this was caused by a drive/media mismatch, and there were two solutions. One was to write in DAO mode, where the PMA doesn't get used, and the other was to use a different brand of media that the drive liked better.

I would suggest you may find a different brand of media may solve the problem, but, to continue using the media you have, if you first write your project to an image (.ISO) file, then burn the .ISO file, that may help as well. I doubt the PMA is used when burning from an image file.

Hope that helps!

Archived