• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Data Cd Burn Never Finishes

Rupert-the-Dog

Question

Hello,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with a problem that I have with Roxio Creator DE v9.1.573 SP1 on my Dell D630 with Win XP SP3. I am using the "Burn Image" command to burn an ISO file to a CD, the first of which was a 5.39Mb file. This worked just as I expected and the CD that it burnt worked fine. I then tried a larger 26Mb ISO file and this seemed to be working OK, the dialog reporting progress during burning. The burning process however failed to complete after 30 minutes; by far enough time. I tried the ISO file on my old Dell and it worked OK so it would seem that there is a problem with the writing of larger ISO files.

Has anyone seen this before and fixed it, or can anyone offer some guidance to resolving it before my IT folks reclaim the older Dell PC.

Many thanks.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with a problem that I have with Roxio Creator DE v9.1.573 SP1 on my Dell D630 with Win XP SP3. I am using the "Burn Image" command to burn an ISO file to a CD, the first of which was a 5.39Mb file. This worked just as I expected and the CD that it burnt worked fine. I then tried a larger 26Mb ISO file and this seemed to be working OK, the dialog reporting progress during burning. The burning process however failed to complete after 30 minutes; by far enough time. I tried the ISO file on my old Dell and it worked OK so it would seem that there is a problem with the writing of larger ISO files.

Has anyone seen this before and fixed it, or can anyone offer some guidance to resolving it before my IT folks reclaim the older Dell PC.

Many thanks.

What is in the ISO file?

When encoding to an ISO file and then copying that to a disc, the program will reduce the resolution to make it fit. If the second ISO are video files, how long is the video?

Usually file size does not usually matter. It may be possible that you are trying to put more than 2 hours of video on a single sided disc and the program cannot reduce the quality low enough to fit.

Both ISO files contain UNIX distributions so there are many relatively small files. The ISO that failed on my new PC worked fine on the older machine so I think that the files are OK. I have just notied that my old PC has a CD RW wheeras the new machine has a DVD RW, could this be somehow the cause?

Both ISO files contain UNIX distributions so there are many relatively small files. The ISO that failed on my new PC worked fine on the older machine so I think that the files are OK. I have just notied that my old PC has a CD RW wheeras the new machine has a DVD RW, could this be somehow the cause?

There is usually something flaky in the preparation of ISO files like this.

You might try ImgBurn instead.

Archived