Avchd From Camera To Dvd Without Apple Conversion

cmd is me

Question

I have a C2D MacBook Pro running OS10.4 (can upgrade if needed). I'd like to take the AVCHD off my camcorder AS-IS (that is, without using Apple's lossy AIC conversion), burn them as they are on the camera to a DVD-R and play the AVCHD clips back on a Blu-ray player.... can I do that? Will this work with my MacBook Pro's internal Super Drive? Toast says yes, but I want to hear how it works in actual practice. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Yes - that should work. Here's how you'd do it.

Connect your camera to your Mac. Open up the files and find the BDMV folder. Open Toast 9 Titanium (with the BD/HD-DVD Plug-in Installed) and select video. Then select BDMV folder. Drag the folder into the window and burn!

If you only want certain clips from your camera, open up the BDMV folder and then the stream folder. Preview those files. In Toast select "Blu-Ray Video" in the video window and drag the files you want into the window. Because they are already AVCHD files with .mts extensions Toast should automatically not rencode them.

Hope that helps!

Yes - that should work. Here's how you'd do it.

Connect your camera to your Mac. Open up the files and find the BDMV folder. Open Toast 9 Titanium (with the BD/HD-DVD Plug-in Installed) and select video. Then select BDMV folder. Drag the folder into the window and burn!

If you only want certain clips from your camera, open up the BDMV folder and then the stream folder. Preview those files. In Toast select "Blu-Ray Video" in the video window and drag the files you want into the window. Because they are already AVCHD files with .mts extensions Toast should automatically not rencode them.

Hope that helps!

So, did it work?

Archived