• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quality?

Dirk

Question

Hi,

I am interested in the quality of how the above test was.

I have a Canon video camera with 16gb built in memory and it is AVCDH. I have spent DAYS searching for ways to do what I want and have yet to find an answer and can't believe I am the only one with this problem. Maybe the this post above is the closest to solving my problem.

I want to take the 16gb AVCHD format and edit it by putting together all the little cuts from pushing the record button hundreds of times, organize things into menus, and spit out a DvD that looks GOOD! When connect the camera to the tv directly the quality is AMAZING!!!! Full High Definition! But by converting it to AIC the Mac format for Imovie or Final Cut express it loses some and each step after loses more and more.

I am willing to go out and buy a Blu Ray burner and player. I will just about do anything it takes if someone can detail setting and steps as how to KEEP the quality as close to original or same as original because once I move the files over I need to delete the memory on the recorder to allow for more filming so it a waste if can never have that quality again. I would prefer not to have to go between windows and mac though I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate and boot camp on my Mac.

So far all I have created looks terrible compared to the original.

Blu Rays have 25 GB capacity so I am assuming if a way to get the files onto them it won't lose a lot?

Anyway sorry to ramble on but am very lost :-(

Thanks!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived