• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Add Multiple Songs To Video Wave Productions

joyceridge

Question

I just purchased EMC 10. I want to produce a slideshow using only photos and music. I plan on using 5 different songs in my show. Should I use the "slideshow" program or "Video Wave"? I found a good tutorial for the slideshow, but it didn't explain how to add multiple songs to the show. I have not found a tutorial for the video wave program. Can anyone advise me please? Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Yes, open the Timeline view, and set the cursor to the point at the end of the first song, then add the next one.

I actually prefer to use Sound Editor to do this. I open Sound Editor, bring in the songs that I am going to use in the production, then use the Join Clips button, in the Mix Editor to join them. I then export the joined song, as a .wav file, to a folder on my hard drive. I then use that single file for my production.

I guess I'm missing something here, because I cannot find anything that says "sound editor" or "mix editor." I was unable to add the song using the timeline view either. Isn't there a tutorial ANYWHERE that gives step by step instructions on how to use this software package? By the way, I really appreciate the folks that are replying to my questions!

I guess I'm missing something here, because I cannot find anything that says "sound editor" or "mix editor." I was unable to add the song using the timeline view either. Isn't there a tutorial ANYWHERE that gives step by step instructions on how to use this software package? By the way, I really appreciate the folks that are replying to my questions!

Where did you get your EMC 10? Sound Editor is a separate program in the suite? Have you familiarized yourself with the full suite?

I just purchased EMC 10. I want to produce a slideshow using only photos and music. I plan on using 5 different songs in my show. Should I use the "slideshow" program or "Video Wave"? I found a good tutorial for the slideshow, but it didn't explain how to add multiple songs to the show. I have not found a tutorial for the video wave program. Can anyone advise me please? Thanks.

Without question, use VideoWave. Check out the Tips and Tricks forums, in both EMC 9 and EMC 10.

I am creating a slide show using only digital photos and recorded music. I want to use multiple songs during the show via media selector. I have been unable to add more than one song to my show. When I try to add another song, the program states "audio cannot be added at this position". I don't know what position it's referring to. Am I supposed to double click on the timeline before adding a second (third/fourth) song? Any suggestions?

I am creating a slide show using only digital photos and recorded music. I want to use multiple songs during the show via media selector. I have been unable to add more than one song to my show. When I try to add another song, the program states "audio cannot be added at this position". I don't know what position it's referring to. Am I supposed to double click on the timeline before adding a second (third/fourth) song? Any suggestions?

Yes, open the Timeline view, and set the cursor to the point at the end of the first song, then add the next one.

I actually prefer to use Sound Editor to do this. I open Sound Editor, bring in the songs that I am going to use in the production, then use the Join Clips button, in the Mix Editor to join them. I then export the joined song, as a .wav file, to a folder on my hard drive. I then use that single file for my production.

Archived