• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave: Can't Add .dmsm Files To Production

Rustic

Question

I've created some clips in videowave and now want to add them to another production. However, these files do not show up in the list. I know they're in the folder! This file extension does not show in the supported options for "all". In "help" it says .dmsm files can be added.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or had the same issue?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

I've created some clips in videowave and now want to add them to another production. However, these files do not show up in the list. I know they're in the folder! This file extension does not show in the supported options for "all". In "help" it says .dmsm files can be added.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or had the same issue?

Thanks.

If you are talking about opening more than 1 .dmsm file, in VideoWave, it isn't going to happen. You can output the other .dmsm files as an mpeg2 file, separately, from VideoWave, and then add those mpegs to the other VideoWave file.

If you are talking about opening more than 1 .dmsm file, in VideoWave, it isn't going to happen. You can output the other .dmsm files as an mpeg2 file, separately, from VideoWave, and then add those mpegs to the other VideoWave file.

Not so much opening more than one, but adding a dmsm file as an element in an existing videowave production. Help says it should be possible.

Not so much opening more than one, but adding a dmsm file as an element in an existing videowave production. Help says it should be possible.

You can bring in multiple dmsm in MyDVD application but not as an element in an existing Videowave production.

Can you point us to the Help that you referred to above?

You can bring in multiple dmsm in MyDVD application but not as an element in an existing Videowave production.

Can you point us to the Help that you referred to above?

Sure: Help Center>Adding>Video clips in storyline view>See also: What kind of files can you add to a production?

On right side of page dmsm is listed under Roxia Project formats:

•PSPD (PhotoSuite 5 project file)

•DMSP (PhotoSuite 7 project file)

•PSSD (PhotoSuite 5 slideshow)

•DMSM (MyDVD 7 projects)

Thanks.

Sure: Help Center>Adding>Video clips in storyline view>See also: What kind of files can you add to a production?

On right side of page dmsm is listed under Roxia Project formats:

•PSPD (PhotoSuite 5 project file)

•DMSP (PhotoSuite 7 project file)

•PSSD (PhotoSuite 5 slideshow)

•DMSM (MyDVD 7 projects)

Thanks.

That looks accurate. If you read your post, you will see that VideoWave isn't listed.

That looks accurate. If you read your post, you will see that VideoWave isn't listed.

I found the page confusing. It says:

The following list shows the types of files that you can add to a production.

That list includes dmsm.

If I understand you, what you're saying is that the dmsm format listed there is only for myDVD projects and not Videowave projects?

I was looking mainly at the file extension rather than the program.

Thanks.

I found the page confusing. It says:

The following list shows the types of files that you can add to a production.

That list includes dmsm.

If I understand you, what you're saying is that the dmsm format listed there is only for myDVD projects and not Videowave projects?

I was looking mainly at the file extension rather than the program.

Thanks.

You got it, sort of. If you create a project, in VideoWave, which is the program you should use to create productions, save it, then open MyDVD, and click on the Add movie button, you can browse to the saved .dmsm file, or files, and bring it or them, into MyDVD for authoring and burning the production.

If you save the file in VideoWave, you can open that file in VideoWave again, but only that .dmsm file, not many of them.

Edited by grandpabruce

This is a feature we have been asking to be added for years. Would be nice to import a previous Videowave production file into another Videowave project.

You can , however, use copy/paste from one production to another, but can be difficult to make sure you have everything selected.

Edited by ggrussell

This is a feature we have been asking to be added for years. Would be nice to import a previous Videowave production file into another Videowave project.

You can , however, use copy/paste from one production to another, but can be difficult to make sure you have everything selected.

Yes, I do this a lot when I have a large production and I want to just do sections at a time. I create each section in different videowave productions and then add them to the larger production. For me, it makes it easier to work with. As long as you choose "select all" and make sure everything is highlighted, you can then cut and paste it into the new production. This will ONLY work with the stuff that was created in the internal tracks of the slides. Overlays, text, effects and music created in the external tracks will NOT transfer (as you implied above, Gary) :) !

Rachel