Problems In Mpeg-4

New to Mac

Question

Hi, new to Mac and Toast 9, and having a few problems. iMovie '08 will allow you to import MPEG-4 movies into projects in iMovie; because my DVD camcorder (Sony Handycam DCR-DVD203) isn't 'supported' by our new Mac, I have to use the crappy picture package software on our PC and save the movies as MPEG-2. My goal is then to convert the movies from MPEG-2 to -4 in Toast for importing into iMovie, but iMovie won't recognize those imports when they're in MPEG-4, only in .DV. What gives?

2 answers to this question

I'm hoping this gets fixed in a Toast update. In the meanwhile the MPEG 4 export from Toast does import to iMovie 06 (which you can download from Apple if you have iMovie 08). iMovie 06 is very different from 08. Each has its attributes that are superior to the other.

Also you can use QuickTime Pro to quickly fix the MPEG 4 from Toast so it will import to iMovie 08. Open the MPEG 4 file in QuickTime Pro, choose Show Movie Properties from the Window menu, scroll to where you see a "Text track", select and delete the Text track and save the movie. It now will be recognized by iMovie 08.

Archived