• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sandisk Cruzer Contour Problems With Roxio

PuzzledinDixie

Question

I recently purchased a SanDisk Cruzer Contour with U3 that I can not get to work despite contacting Dell (from whom I bought the computer with Roxio 9.0 already installed) and SanDisk for help. When I went to the U3 site, they listed a possible cause as the "drag and drop" function of Roxio as causing my problem and recommended I uninstall Roxio. But I don't want to, I use Roxio often. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to only uninstall the "drag and drop" function but keep the rest of Roxio? I'm about to pull out my hair! AAARRRGGGHH!

6 answers to this question

I just checked my options in the add/remove programs, and I do not see the option to uninstall the "drag to disk" function. This may be a dumb question, but I assume it would be called "drag to disk" in the program list. If not, how do I uninstall this feature? I honestly appreciate your help!

How do I dump the software? I'm all for it - just don't know how to do it! Any help you can offer would be great, thanks!! I may pull out all my hair if I can't get this sucker to work!!

If that is the software that came installed on the Sandisk, copy it to a folder on your hard drive, then delete it off the Sandisk.

If you let it install to your hard drive, then go to the Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall it.

I recently purchased a SanDisk Cruzer Contour with U3 that I can not get to work despite contacting Dell (from whom I bought the computer with Roxio 9.0 already installed) and SanDisk for help. When I went to the U3 site, they listed a possible cause as the "drag and drop" function of Roxio as causing my problem and recommended I uninstall Roxio. But I don't want to, I use Roxio often. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to only uninstall the "drag and drop" function but keep the rest of Roxio? I'm about to pull out my hair! AAARRRGGGHH!

The first thing that I did, when I first used my SanDisk Cruzer, was to dump the U3 software.

Just uninstall Drag to Disc from add/remove programs - I assume that's what they are referring to.

I never let it loose on any of my computers anyway :lol:

I just checked my options in the add/remove programs, and I do not see the option to uninstall the "drag to disk" function. This may be a dumb question, but I assume it would be called "drag to disk" in the program list. If not, how do I uninstall this feature? I honestly appreciate your help!

The first thing that I did, when I first used my SanDisk Cruzer, was to dump the U3 software.

How do I dump the software? I'm all for it - just don't know how to do it! Any help you can offer would be great, thanks!! I may pull out all my hair if I can't get this sucker to work!!

Archived