Sign in to follow this  
Krepton92

Hd Video Is Skipping

Question

Hi everyone,

I have been using VideoWave in EMC 10 to edit a movie. Part of the movie that I'm editing is filmed in HDV MPEG-2. I have been able to import these clips into VideoWave, but the problem is that most of the time when I try to watch the HD clips in the preview window, the video will skip. The audio plays fine, though. When this happens, it makes it very hard to edit the HD video, and it is very frustrating. I would appreciate any help with this.

-Thanks

Specs: Windows XP Media Center Edition '05, 1 GB RAM, 3.2 Ghz P4 processor

2 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

I have been using VideoWave in EMC 10 to edit a movie. Part of the movie that I'm editing is filmed in HDV MPEG-2. I have been able to import these clips into VideoWave, but the problem is that most of the time when I try to watch the HD clips in the preview window, the video will skip. The audio plays fine, though. When this happens, it makes it very hard to edit the HD video, and it is very frustrating. I would appreciate any help with this.

-Thanks

Specs: Windows XP Media Center Edition '05, 1 GB RAM, 3.2 Ghz P4 processor

Wait about 2 to 3 times the amount of time that you would normally wait to stat editing. After you think it is loaded, there must be some things going on behind the scenes; perhaps taking time to create the proxy files?

How long is the video that you are adding? The longest I've worked with is just over 30 minutes (Canon HV30) and that did take a minute or two. If you are seeing the editing problem, just wait a little longer.

What video device do you have; have you updated the drivers for it?

Thanks for the reply, sknis.

I tried waiting like you said and the clips weren't skipping, but I just could've been lucky today (It doesn't happen all the time).

Another thing that might help: When I play the HD clips in Windows Media Player, there are these weird lines that appear over anything that's moving.

And I use the Canon HV20.