• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cant Install 2009

vk3zn

Question

Installation impossible.

Après décompactage des fichiers, l'installation commence puis s'interrompt en demandant l'installation de EMC 9.

J'utilise EMC 10.

Sur un disque cloné, je désinstalle EMC 10, réinstalle EMC 9, le teste, il fonctionne. Je relance l'installation de 2009.

Arrêt de l'installation, même message demandant l'installation de EMC 9.

J'ai déjà eu des problèmes en passant de EMC 9 à EMC 10, les deux versions restant installées et occupant inutilement énormément d'espace disque. Eu beaucoup de mal à désinstaller EMC 9, certaines fonctions utilisant la version 9 ou la 10.

Programme bâclé.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi All,

We have found a temp workaround on the specific DX install issue mentioned in this thread.

Please go to http://selfserve.roxio.com/ and submit a webticket with details of the issue. Our support will provide the workaround to you if the issue submitted is this specfic DX install issue.

You can PM me your ticket number if you do not receive any reply. Please note that support will be closed until Tuesday for Labor Day weekend.

Thanks

Ivan

If you extract the 'FN56G010R14_Creator2009Ultimate_11.0.exe' 1.52gb file, in a separate folder. Then check the dxsetup.exe file version? Mine shows (in XP) DirectX 9.0C 4.09.0000.0904 same same 4.09.0.0904. And installed the following dated 8/26/08, the day I installed Creator 2009. Start, run, dxdiag, lists the same DirectX 9.0C 4.09.0.0904 installed.

cd

The version number 9.0c (4.09.0.0904) does not tell one anything about which bimonthly updates are included, it has not changed since the original 9.0c release. Only looking at the names of the zip files in the extracted directX install folder will tell one. That shows that the DirectX install in EMC 2009 includes the updates up to and including November 2007 (in fact Roxio have labeled the DirectX folder Directx-nov07). The most recent update is August 2008. The updates are cumulative, i.e. you only need the most recent one, it will install whatever is missing or needs updating. Most of the updates are only used by some games, anyway.

I guess you installed on 26 August :-).

Guest ivanatrox
Hi All,

We have found a temp workaround on the specific DX install issue mentioned in this thread.

Please go to http://selfserve.roxio.com/ and submit a webticket with details of the issue. Our support will provide the workaround to you if the issue submitted is this specfic DX install issue.

You can PM me your ticket number if you do not receive any reply. Please note that support will be closed until Tuesday for Labor Day weekend.

Thanks

Ivan

Hi Tloke and cyberer,

Please update the ticket with information requested (order number and dxdiag file) so that we can assist you further.

Thanks

Ivan

Thank you for being the voice of reason. I've been waiting as well.

I took ivanatrox up on his offer of help. Instead of providing the information he sent another email requesting my ticket # I submitted for technical service. I then emailed it to him. He then sends another email needing my order number.

This is idiotic. Obviously MANY people are having the SAME issue. But instead of putting the solution in an open area on this website Roxio is guarding the secret solution like it's the cure for cancer.

I've bought Creator 7, 8, 9, and 10 in the past. I'm done with Roxio. They put out a faulty product then treat their loyal customers with an aire of paranoia.

I'm not done with you ivanatrox. I'll be following up with a supervisor about this ridiculous treatment. If you had informed everyone what EXACT information was needed to get your assistance I could have provided it the FIRST time instead of sending three PM's. I have the order number but I'll be damned if I'm going to give it to you. God knows you'll ask for my first born next!

Every customer who contacted me is treated equally. I would first look for ticket number since it was what I asked for in my post (post #14). I would then verify the purchase by the registered e-mail address or full name before I proceed any further. If I couldn't verify the order number , I would request the order information from the users (post #26). This is a procedure I follow right now for this issue. It might be inconvenient for some but it has worked for the majority of users who contacted me.

Thanks

Ivan

Every customer who contacted me is treated equally. I would first look for ticket number since it was what I asked for in my post (post #14). I would then verify the purchase by the registered e-mail address or full name before I proceed any further. If I couldn't verify the order number , I would request the order information from the users (post #26). This is a procedure I follow right now for this issue. It might be inconvenient for some but it has worked for the majority of users who contacted me.

Thanks

Ivan

Contrats on treating everyone equally poor. You sound so proud of yourself.

You still haven't addressed others' questions in this thread...why people need to go through this in the first place. Let's be honest here...Roxio has bad reputation for putting out buggy software and lack of support. The fact that you won't assist customers like every other company and post information is part of the reason why. I can't wait until this program hits the shelves later this month and Roxio is over-run with this same issue. What then? Maybe you'll come to your senses.

I've switched to Nero but I'll be interested to see how long it takes the inept Roxio support to actually get back to me.

The workaround did work well for me. Basically the workaround takes the DX install out of the install routine, followed by a manual installation of DX. Tnx guys for fixing this so quickly.

M.

How long does technical support take to answer the web ticket I send the email almost 48 hours ago with no response.

Also refer to post #14: If it takes very long for technical support to respond you can PM Ivan from Roxio.

M.

Have Roxio seriously product tested this fully before releasing this? Obviously NOT. It seems every release is plagued by problems. Refund time. Im sticking with Nero.

Well, DirectX is MS software... Roxio can't help it if the DirectX install doesn't do it's job correctly. And yes, every initial release is plagued by problems... and so are all of Nero's initial releases and those of many other software companies. It's about how quick a company reacts on these issues and solve it that they should be judged upon. Roxio provided a work around almost instantly. Please refer to post #14 to obtain the instructions and file necesary to work around the problem.

M.

Guest ivanatrox
Contrats on treating everyone equally poor. You sound so proud of yourself.

You still haven't addressed others' questions in this thread...why people need to go through this in the first place. Let's be honest here...Roxio has bad reputation for putting out buggy software and lack of support. The fact that you won't assist customers like every other company and post information is part of the reason why. I can't wait until this program hits the shelves later this month and Roxio is over-run with this same issue. What then? Maybe you'll come to your senses.

I've switched to Nero but I'll be interested to see how long it takes the inept Roxio support to actually get back to me.

While we make our best attempt to assist our customers, we also follow the guidelines for support. The process in place enabled us to provide the temp fix to the affected customers through proper support channel before it is made public. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration when we revamp our process.

Also, yout ticket has been updated. The ticket was submitted under the wrong product (Easy CD and DVD Burning) which delayed the response time.

Thanks

Ivan

Note: I deleted a few posts at the end of this thread and would lock the topic now since it started to move away the topic. If anyone has any contructive suggestions on how we can imnprove our support, please submit a support ticket with details and it will be passed to the proper channel.

I tried the workaround but to no avail. Running the separate DX install works fine, no errors. But installation of C2009 still aborts when it starts loading the "DX" install. I ran "dxdiag" and noticed that it comes up with a "problem accessing Direct3D" error. Researching this error I came up empty as far as a solution goes. Windows XP, Nvidia GForce3 Ti200 card with latest drivers, maybe this is the issue?

Guest ivanatrox

Hi Tloke and cyberer,

Please update the ticket with information requested (order number and dxdiag file) so that we can assist you further.

Thanks

Ivan

I too am having the same problems. I have direct x 10 installed on 2 EVGA 7800 GT KOs in sli. I did start a ticket and have recieved instructions for a clean install and MSconfig program and services disable without any success. I am getting rahter frustrated. Any advice? No matter what I do, it tells me the program install has stopped after loading/unzipping the netframework and directx9... it instructs me to try again later. Is this what everyone else has seen?

well im getting Directx setup internal error and cant install at all have updated xp sp3 and new directx 10

any ideas before going back to emc10 :(

Same issue here (I guess). Right after entering the serial key, the installer starts setting up DirectX (version 9, though I'm running Vista), immediately followed by closing down with an errormessage in the likes of: "Setup is aborted" (message is in Dutch) no other error message whatsoever.

M.

Installation impossible.

Après décompactage des fichiers, l'installation commence puis s'interrompt en demandant l'installation de EMC 9.

J'utilise EMC 10.

Sur un disque cloné, je désinstalle EMC 10, réinstalle EMC 9, le teste, il fonctionne. Je relance l'installation de 2009.

Arrêt de l'installation, même message demandant l'installation de EMC 9.

J'ai déjà eu des problèmes en passant de EMC 9 à EMC 10, les deux versions restant installées et occupant inutilement énormément d'espace disque. Eu beaucoup de mal à désinstaller EMC 9, certaines fonctions utilisant la version 9 ou la 10.

Programme bâclé.

Translation (with my additional comments in []):

Impossible to install [EMC 2009]

Having unzipped the installation file, the install begins but stops and asks for install of EMC9.

I actually have EMC 10 installed.

On a cloned disk [i think this means an image of the system at an ealier time], I uninstalled EMC 10, reinstalled EMC 9, tested it: it works OK. I restarted the install of EMC 2009, but got the same problem with the installation stopping, asking for installation of EMC 9.

I already had problems in going from EMC 9 to EMC 10, with the two versions installed unnecessarily taking up enormous amounts of disk space. I had a lot of trouble uninstalling EMC 9, some functions using either 9 or 10.

The program is botched.

END QUOTE

Lancier,

J'ai EMC 10.1 et 2009 installé sans problêmes.

Vous ne dites pas si vous avez XP ou Vista, mais je suggère que vous essayez la procédure décrite dans:

pour XP: http://kb.roxio.com/content//kb/Creator/000206CR

pour Vista: http://kb.roxio.com/content//kb/Creator/000207CR

Comme votre problême apparait lié au Windows Installer, je recommande en particulier l'usage du Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, aussi bien que l'effacement de tous les fichiers Roxio ou Sonic, et des clés de base de registres.

Same issue here (I guess). Right after entering the serial key, the installer starts setting up DirectX (version 9, though I'm running Vista), immediately followed by closing down with an errormessage in the likes of: "Setup is aborted" (message is in Dutch) no other error message whatsoever.

M.

I'm getting the same thing on 2 different Vista installs. I've updated Directx10 to the latest but still can't install. My install goes thru the .NET 3.5, then the DirectX9 portion for just a brief instant than pulls back and says it can't complete the install.

I've tried making a new user and installing, turning off virus and firewall, running in safe mode and installing in XP compatibility and nothing has worked.

I've already sent some detailed info to Roxio but if anyone else has this problem, please post it here with as much info on your hardware as possible.

Archived